The Lorax and false accusations

Once's POV

Oh heck, what have I done now.

The day started off so WELL. I'd found the perfect place to make my thneeds, the animals were adorable and I'd managed to befriend them (With my charms and guitar playing, clearly). Then, just as all was going so, so well, that weird girl decided to sit in the exact FLIPPING TREE that I was going to cut down. Honestly, I wouldn't have minded if she'd broken an arm falling out of that tree. And now we are being glared at by a small furry peanut. Great. This is flipping fantastic.

I turned to the girl next to me, who was glaring angrily at me and attempting to fix her hair.

"You just HAD to chop that tree down didn't you? Look what you've done! We're screwed!"

I raised an eyebrow and laughed.

"You really think that fluffy peanut over there is going to do anything to ME? I wasn't the one who was watching a poor, innocent traveling inventor from a TREE!"

"LISTEN MATE, I LIVE HERE, AND IF YOU HONESTLY THINK YOU CAN JUST-"

She was cut off by the furry peanut coughing loudly at our feet.

"Okay, you two are adorable and all, but I've got some stuff to say so listen in good. I am the Lorax, I speak for the tr-"

I raised an eyebrow.

" The Lorax? What?"

The girl nudged my arm and glared at me.

"Maybe if you let him speak, you'd know. I'm just as curious as you are, so shut it."

It was the Lorax turn raise one of his enormous bushy brows, before coughing and continuing his little introduction.

"As I was saying, I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees, and I'd like to say a few words if you'd please."

We all stood in an awkward silence for a couple minutes before the girl coughed and said:

"You know we're waiting for you to continue, right?"

The Lorax sighed and nodded his head.

" That's all I got. This really hasn't played out how I thought it was gonna. If you hadn't brought your girlfriend this would've happened so differently."

"GIRLFRIEND? Why I'm seven shades of would I EVER-"

"ME? HIS girlfriend? What do I look like, some kinda egghead?"

Y/N's POV

I was FUMING. Me, a girlfriend to that guy? That guy, who chops down trees and can barely sing a note? Seriously???

The Lorax was watching us yell at him in disbelief with a look of somewhat amusement on his face. Oh, how I wanted to kick his furry little face over the moon.

The tall guy must've been thinking the same thing, because we both stopped and turned to the Lorax, who still had that amused smirk on his face.

"Sit down, and listen, kiddies. I've got to tell ya something."

We both sat on the ground so that we were Lorax height and looked at him intently. He smiled at us the way a little kid smiles when he spells something right and everyone is super happy for him. Like the Lorax wanted a sticker for shutting us up.

"Alright guys, here's the deal. You stop cutting down the trees, and I'll keep an eye on ya, you know, just to make sure you don't think anything like that, and after that I'll leave you alone. Cut down any more trees......."

The sky seemed to darken as the Lorax leaned closer.

"I will unleash the forces of nature upon you!"

I stopped.

"Hang on a second there, Mr Lorax, if I could just interrupt you for a brief little second here, I didn't cut down ANY TREE. I was sat IN the tree when- erm, what's your name?"

He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Once-ler. I'm The Once-ler."

I snorted and grinned.

"Lovely. I'm Y/N. So, Mr Lorax, I'll just head on home while you teach Once-ler here his lesson and I'll see you all very-"

I was cut off as I tried to stand up, only to feel somewhat glued to the ground. I struggled around, attempting to push myself up from the ground, only to be pulled straight back down. The Lorax and the Once-ler chucked.

"Hellllooo? Did you hear me? I haven't down anything wrong? Let me go home!"

The Lorax sighed as Once-ler broke out into laughter at my struggling.

"Y/N, you eat barbaloot fruit, correct?"

I nodded slowly, still glued to the ground. The Lorax pulled out a large rule book from thin air and began to read.

"Rule #765 of The Official Truffala law states that any human to eat any fruit from the trees is sentenced to one month of Lorax treatment."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Lorax treatment? Really? Who wrote this?"

The Lorax grinned proudly and pointed to his moustache.

"I did."

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"FINEEE. I'll accept your stupid Lorax treatment. Once-ler, any object-"

But the Once-ler had gone into his caravan and shut the door. The Lorax sighed.

"He's gonna be a tough nut to crack, I can feel it. Now, you run in home, and I expect to see you here tomorrow at 7:00am sharp, okay?"

I rolled my eyes and grinned.

"I can't wait."