Christmas 21.21

'Can i just look at my gift now?' Even said looking at Isak with his puppy eyes..'pretty please, it's 21:21 and it's a perfect time to unwrap my gift'.
Isak almost agreed. He was so happy Even was still so emotional about the 21:21, he knew it would have given an amazing meaning to their story, but he also knew, he wanted december 25th, to be a mark of something new, fresh and for a life time. Before he could answer, Isaks mum held Evens hand saying 'it looks like 21:21 has a very special meaning to you too. i would love to hear your story, but let me first tell you why it's so important to me. At that exact time on June 21th 1999, my heart was stolen.' Silence in the room was almost unbearable and everyone was staring at Isaks mum. Quietly Even asked ' but wasn't on that day Isak born?'
'Yes he was. At exactly 21:21 this beautiful boy was born and i lost my heart because he took it from me. It was love at first sight and i knew he is the only thing that matters '.
After that the atmosphere changed, everyone was smiling again and Evens mum hugged Isak. 'That day was a miracle for all of us, we just didn't know it till this year'. Isak smiled at Evens mum, then looked at his mum and said 'i'll take care of your heart better from now on i promise'.
'ok but can i see my gift now?'
Isak started laughing. 'i told you before, you will open it right after midnight, and not a minute earlier'.

Since friday everything went as planned.. After school guys were waiting for Even outside, and he almost ran to them.
While giving Isak a kiss he whispered 'finally, i thought this day will never end'.
They decided to get some lunch first (Jonas won with his Kebab) before the tournament in Fifa at Isaks place. Isak called Eskild to make sure he bought beer, and they stopped in a store to buy some sweets and chips.
'i can't believe Vilde doesn't understand how important this tournament is, she wants to spend this evening with me and i'm fighting her on this one since yesterday' Magnus said looking all nervous.
'well if she wants she can come too, Noora and Linn are home so she can hang with them while we play, and she won't be able to say she wasn't spending the evening with you.' Magnus hugged Isak for finding a solution. Isak lifted his eyebrows looking at Magnus laughing 'bro you seriously have to stop with this hugging all the time'.
The rest of the day was awesome. At the end whole girl squad was there, watching some cheesy movies, and guys had there play station time in Isaks room. Eskild tried hanging out with boys but soon left them for cheesy movies, and Even disappeared from time to time to see some of movie clips to.
They were supposed to go out partying later but the atmosphere was so good they just decided to stay home and have their private little party.
It was almost morning when everyone finally went home. Isak saw how tired Even was so he just lay next to him, hands in his hair, giving him a small kiss from time to time and just admire his beautiful peaceful sleeping face. He was so happy he decided to fight for their love. Evens mum explained a lot about his illness and it was easier for him now that he understood. He made sure there was no more smoking and heavy drinking and whenever he felt Evens insecurity he calmed him down. And he couldn't wait for christmas celebration. He was thrilled that his mum is coming, and then there was the gift.. he just couldn't wait.
He forgot to set alarm on, but he couldn't ask for better waking up. He woke up feeling Evens lips all over his body. 'mmm.. good morning '
'why did you let me fall asleep yesterday? i didn't wanted to sleep at all. i was waiting like crazy for friday and you just let me sleep'.
Isak started laughing. 'seriously..you wake me up with kisses and now you wanna talk?'
He moved closer to Even kissing him hard, hands under t-shirt. 'can we continue this conversation later? or maybe never?'.
They haven't had sex since that day in the hotel so Isak knew exactly what they need. There was no way he would let anything get in the way.
After late breakfast Isak asked Even if he wants to take a walk. It was a beautiful sunny day and Isak had to get him to the other side of the city for first part of the gift.
'can't we just stay in bed today? we still have half of day before christmas dinner?'
'no.. we need some fresh air.. we can't spend whole day inside..' Even didn't seem to happy about it, so Eskild that came to kitchen just when they started the walk talk, turned to Even saying 'trust me you do wanna take that walk!'.
Even looked all confused. He looked at Eskild and then Isak hoping to find out more. But Isak calmly said 'you heard to much already, so no more talking, time to get dressed, because we have to go'.
Even asked a million questions when they walked toward centre. He wanted answers so bad but Isak was just smiling, saying nothing. It was a beautiful sunny day so they took caffee to go and sat in the park, enjoying the quiet and warmth. They talked and laughed untill Isak was sure Even forgot about christmas gift. As they were walking towards tattoo shop Isak felt so nervous. He had it all planned and he wanted it so bad to be exactly as he planned. He stopped by the tattoo artist smiled and turned to Even 'do you trust me?'.
Even didn't know what to think, looking all confused.
'well do you trust me Even?'
'why would you even ask me something like that? i trust you with all my heart'
'i was hoping you'll say that' said Isak while opening the door to the shop. He held Evens hand and they both entered.
Even knew straight away something weird was going on. Isak talked to the tattoo artist inside like they knew each other well. 'Isak can you tell me what is going on please?'
Isak smiled and gave him a kiss. 'if you want my christmas gift we will need to borrow your hand'
'i'm getting a tattoo??.. seriously.. am i getting a tattoo?'
'You are.. but i need to know you still trust me, because i chose the motive.. and that's not all.. you are not allowed to look at it untill midnight'
'whaaat? .. wait you want me to get a tattoo not knowing what it is and then walk around for the rest of the day without looking at it?'
Isak blushed and smiled gently 'yes.. that's exactly what i want!'.
While getting a tattoo Even did exactly as told, looking at Isak all the time, talking to him. He admited he was crazy curious but also totally fond of the mystery.
'but i seriously have to wait till midnight?.. you know i could just sneak to the bathroom and take a look..' Even said smiling, while they were walking back to Isaks place.
'you could do that but you won't..and you know why i know that?..because you love me enough to trust me with making a tattoo in the first place.'
They came home, relaxed in front of tv for a while, watching an extra sugared christmas movie. Even tried to get at least some info around tattoo out of Isak, but he got nothing. Isak saw that he is not gonna stop so he went out of bed, took his school bag and started looking for something.
'since you are worse then i was as when i was little, and you can't wait with the gifts, you can open the other one now'
'wait i'm getting two gifts?' Even said kicking bedspread to the floor and almost running to Isak. Isak started laughing handling an envelope to Even.
There was a voucher inside for the hotel suite Even took him that >hard to forget< night.
Even opened the envelope, held the voucher in his hand saying nothing. His face expression changed from happy to scared. Isak didn't expect that, so he quickly said 'i know you don't like to remember that day, but for me the first part of that day was the most amazing time ever spend with you. I don't like the thought of what happened later so i thought we could make a new memory. With happy ending. But if you don't like the idea we can just forget about it'. Even stayed quiet..Isak imagined this differently and had a feeling he made a terrible mistake so he took voucher from Evens hand 'you know what.. can you just forget this last few minutes and this gift. It was clearly a mistake'.
'give me my gift back.. it was just a shock at first.. but i love the idea of remaking the memory..' Evens hand went straight to Isaks hair, he looked into his eyes, gave him a kiss saying 'i only have one gift for you'.
'You are the only gift i need'.
Dinner was great. Isaks mum was in a good mood, and they got along great with Evens mum. Food was awesome, atmosphere great, Isak was admiring everyones happy, peaceful faces, just thinking he would love to do that every christmas.
'can i see my tattoo now?
'no, i told you already, midnight and not a minute earlier!'
'Fine then you are getting yours now'
Even stood up, held Isaks hand and took him to his room.
'it's not as close as your gifts, but i've been working on it for some time..' said Even handling Isak his gift.
Isak didn't know what to expect, but once he unwrapped it, he felt like the luckiest person alive. It was a sketch book, and on the cover was a picture ob them sitting on the floor of Evens room, eating toasties. And on the top of the book was written: our love story in this and infinite other universes.
Isaks hands were shaking, while he opened the book. First picture was him and Jonas walking to school laughing, and in the corner Even looking at Isak..
'it's our story, seen through my eyes and heart..it's everything you need to know and more.. it's my way of telling you why it had to be you..and to thank you for not giving up..and all the empty pages are for our future '
Isak didn't say anything for some time. He felt like he was in this beautiful bubble full of love. All the drawings were incredible. And there was so much he didn't know. So many Evens feelings he just discovered, so many moments he knew nothing about.
'Isak say something '
Isak please if you don't like it just tell me'

'Isak..'
Isak slowly looked at Evens eyes. 'you were drawing me that first day i saw you in cafeteria?'
'mhm'
'and why didn't you tell me i hurt you with the mental illness comment in the gym wardrobe? why didn't you stop me and tell me it's unfair to even say something like this?
'i... i thought i would lose you before i even had you..i didn't want you to look at me as someone who is sick'
Isak touched Evens cheek 'and you were already in front of my home when i send you the >stop texting < message?.. and i thought i convinced you with a bit of boys help in the text?!'
'i was fighting my feelings for so long..i tried with Sonja again, i avoided you at school, i drank too much, i smoked..i tried so hard letting you go, but you..you got under my skin..so that night i knew i have to explain..i wanted to tell you everything..i wanted to explain and say i'm sorry for dragging you into it..and then you opened the door and kissed me..there was not a minute after this night, that i didn't want to tell you..but i was so in love and so afraid..and i'm so so sorry..'
' now you listen to me! i don't ever want to hear you apologizing again..everything we went through brought us hear..to this moment..and i see it's time you look at your tattoo '
'but there is still time till midnight '
'i wanted a new fresh chapter for us, but your gift made me think..we don't need fresh start..we only need each other..soo unwrap it'
Even nervously started unwrapping his wrist. He knew tattoo was placed on his left wrist, on the inside, he felt the pain while the artist was still making it, and he kept thinking what a great place on his hand that is. It's right there for his eyes to always see the tattoo.
When he finally unwrapped it, his heart stopped for a moment. He felt tears in his eyes..He looked at Isaks nervous face and said 'i love you.. i love you so much no words can describe it'.
Isak smiled and kissed him 'i love you to, and this tattoo on your hand will tell you that every time you look at it'.
Even smiled, whipped his eyes and looked at the tattoo again..there was a sign..the most beautiful love story in the world..4 words telling him Isak will fight for their love forever..he read the words loud:
>Du er ikke alene<