Part 1:Unwedded Bliss

It may have taken two years, but he finally made up his mind to leave his wife

It may have taken two years, but he finally made up his mind to leave his wife. That cold frigid bitch wasted the last decade his life, years that he'd never recover. 

The euphoria that David Pratt felt couldn't suppress the anxiety and uncertainty that invaded his mind and heart. A California King cradled the bodies of David and the love of his life, Eva Nash at the Monetego Inn once again. 

It was a standing weekly date with her they never missed. They had been inseparable high school sweethearts that parted after graduation and she was everything then that he didn't know he wanted and now, she was even more than he hoped for.

Although time and distance had restrained the lovers, they could never be erased from each other's memory. They savored their limited time they shared each week. Time escaped their grasp when they were in gripped in the throes of ecstasy. Each week, their flesh merged into one enveloped in ivory pearl Italian milled silk sheets.

It had been the last night before David would execute his plan to rid himself of the bitch, there was an accident waiting for her—a fatal one. His wife was a ball busting alcoholic that only pleased herself. 

She was just like the rest of them Northern Florida Mahoney's, snobbish and rude with large ice tipped noses, always turned up in the air. And like most of those Northern Florida Mahoney's, she was a gravely dependent on insulin.

She was old money and if she could emasculate him at any turn, she did it with calculated meticulousness. Once upon a time, men basked in her exquisiteness at her feet drinking in her

essence, they threw themselves at her beauty. She had twelve years on him, deep creases were engraved deep into her face like carved wood. The type of creases that selfish bitterness and spirits etched into arrogant skin.

Her family never liked David and couldn't believe she married the sewer rat, those were Charlie Mahoney's exact words. Her daddy's preferred phrase was 'he wreaked of the stench of poverty'. 

Those Mahoney's never held any tongues when it came to him or anyone else and Kathryn Mahoney never stood in the gap for him in his defense. They figured the only reason why she sunk her heiress claws into David Pratt was because he was ruggedly handsome. All two of her phony and pretentious frenemies had even used the word 'delectable'.

Kathryn would throw a carrot at any tall, young men that would bite. He had to be hard bodied and go well with her jewelry. David was all the above and possessed thick luscious waves of coal black curls that could have been straight out of a harlequin Hardcover. 

His dark locks starkly contrasted two dreamy amber gems with flecks of soft shades of brown and green. They used to hold the apex of unbridled passion behind them but was slowly quenched as the years dwindled on until Eva Nash rekindled the fervor once again. A fire hotter than burning airplane fuel.

David shook the thought of Kathryn and turned his attention the woman at hand. "You know baby, back then I wish I would have bought you flowers, held your hand more. I would have spent every waking moment with you. Hindsight is powerful. Maybe things would have been different. You would have known that even then I loved you like no other."