Chapter 22. Night On The Town.

"What about this?" Gina holds up a simple black sweater, washed out jeans, and a pair of black combat boots.

I look up from my spot on the bed, throwing up my thumb in approval. "Are you done yet?" I yawn, stretching my arms above my head.

She shuts the closet door and throws the clothes at me, "Yup, now go change and then come back out here so I can do your hair!" She claps excitedly and rushes me into the bathroom. "Hurry up!" She grins then shuts the door, leaving me to get ready.

I look down at the outfit, a small smile growing across my face. I wonder if he'll like it, or if it'll be good enough. I softly bite my lip, worry starting to bubble up inside of me. But what
if -

"Sarah! I know you're just standing there starting to worry, stop it and put the clothes on before I put them on for you and go on the date myself!" Gina lightly bangs on the door, shouting at me over the noise. I grin and shake my head at her words, then quickly put on the outfit. I look up and glance at myself in the mirror, my cheeks flushed slightly, my skin paler than usual. It's just the nerves, calm down. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath then release it, opening my eyes once more to smile at myself in the mirror. You've got this.

I open the door and spot Gina sitting near my dresser, a slight frown prominent on her face. I frown slightly, "Hey, are you alright? Is something wrong?"

She quickly glances up, the frown disappearing immediately. "Nope, everything is peachy! Let's get your hair done." She hops up and leads me over to the chair, plopping me down then grabbing the curling iron with a grin that had me a little nervous. Maybe I shouldn't let her do my hair . . .

A good half hour later and a lot of fussing, mainly from me, she puts the finishing touches to my now bouncy curls.

She turns me towards the mirror, pride etched across her face. "You look great!" I smile softly and lightly touch a curl, loving the way it bounced back once I let go. My phone buzzes from beside me on the table, making both of us jump. I reach over and grab it, Gina leaning over my shoulder to read it as well.

Was leaving and realized I forgot where you live, address? :) -K

I giggle then quickly send my address, butterflies starting to float around in my stomach.

"He's on his way, are you ready?" Gina excitedly claps, squealing in glee.

I giggle and nod, a soft blush rising onto my cheeks. "I wonder where he's going to take me." I fiddle with my locket, biting my lip nervously. Maybe we'll go on a picnic date, watch the stars? Or to a nice restaurant then walk the town?

"You'll just have to go to find out, no backing out now! And remember, don't be nervous. Only a little bit, but you know him, it's like going out with me or Zander!" My smile falters slightly when Zander's name comes up, dread seeping into my very core.

I look up at her, panic in my eyes. "What if Keagen finds out about the deal?! What if he won't like me because of it?!" I panically look around the room, my vision blurring with tears as I think of all the possibilities. He might think I'm some type of whore, or even worse if possible!

Gina spins me around in the chair, delivering a hard slap across my cheek. I gasp in shock, my head whipping to the side the pain spreading like a fire. She glares down at me, grabbing my chin with her fingers. "Listen here, and Listen good. He's not going to think badly of you, if anything he'll think badly of Zander. It's not your fault, you can't control it. If he really does like you then he'll look past that or do something about it for you. Stop doubting!" She glares down at me, passion and fury deep in her eyes. I nod best I can with my head in her grip, the tears slowly drying up.