4: Aurora Meet Dru....Your Babysitter

C H A P T E R F O U R: Aurora Meet Dru....Your Babysitter

He might as well have said ‘Go kill yourself for me.’ Because I wasn’t about to do either one and the chances of me doing it were highly unlikely. What the hell did I look like risking myself for a man who forgot about his only child?

“Um. Hell-to-the-no.”

Beside me Dru sighed, “Rory.”

Uh uh hell no, he wasn’t about to guilt trip me into this again, I said hell no. “No,” I repeated and this time stared my Dad right in his eye. He had to know that I was serious about this and I was adamant with my decision.

“Are you sure? Is that you’re final answer?”

He made it sound like he was doing me a favor, “Why can’t you get someone else to do it?”

Now that’s what I really wanted to know, what was so bad that he needed someone to spy for him? Seriously, what did I look like? A weak ass punching bag for some stereotypical bad man with bad hair like Einstein and a vial filled with a deadly mixture of HCL and Mercury. Yes I paid attention in class, I might have been a horrible Chemistry major but I learned all the same.

“You’re the only one I trust.”

Oh ho ho, that’s rich big boy considering your trust in me kept you distantly parted like the Red Seas. I searched around the room and humorously awaited for the Red Sea to crash over me like it did the Egyptians. Well, I gave Dru a sideways glance and held back a laugh, the water would take him first.

Smh, so racist Rory.

Rory, you need to help him out, its your duty.

The fuck? What did I tell him!!!

I kept my face neutral and gave my Dad a false look of contemplation as I communicated back to Dru.

I told you to stay out of my head Dru.

I can only do that for so long.

Why can’t you just do what I ask you to? Is it so damn hard to respect my wishes? I don’t want you inside my head anymore! You can’t be in there and I want you to get the FUCK OUT! NOW!

My whole body shuddered and I blinked rapidly as I realized how terrible all of that had sounded. If I’d been trying to keep my feelings neutral about what had happened then I had just blown the lid in a space of a few questions and declarations. Damn, I was such an idiot, I’d allowed him to mess with my emotions to the point of no return.

I blinked again and focused on my Dad, “Can you give me some time to think this over?”

If only to shut the both of them up then I would consider it, but right now I needed to low down and the dirty about this whole spy thing and I needed it now. Hell I needed something to keep Dru from talking back to me, because from the sound of his breathing I knew that he was just as shook up as was.

“Whats the 411?”

❦☪❧❦☪❧

I guess I should have known that my Daddy would possibly have some enemies around him vying for his position and….life. It had happened before, plenty of time really, there was always that one man that somebody wanted to go and bonk off. Five years ago it had been the Minister of the Dark Arts, don’t get me started about how weak that was. The man was a MASTER at Dark Arts, Tristan Flemings, he was known throughout the wizard world for his amazing feats at taming and defeating the evil creatures that lurked in everyday life. He should have been PREPARED, and yet, someone he had trusted, someone who knew him well had been able to slip past his magical shields and cast a hex on him that killed him painfully but slowly. From what I had heard (they wouldn’t put the full details in the Magical Weekly) his wife had found him in an unsightly position with his legs akimbo at an odd angle and his innards seeping out of his belly with black blood.