Arachnobphobia

Arachnophobia ~ Fear of Spiders

"Tell me, what do you fear," Dr. Jonathan Crane asked Amanda Smith. The petite woman wiggled in her restrains. She was strapped to a metal table.

"What do you fear?" Darcy Santiago asked Horace Stephens whose hands were tied above his head and he hung from the ceiling inside of a tall glass container. The burly man glared at the woman. "Go to hell," he spat.

The woman cried. "Please don't hurt me!" Crane smiled. He pulled out his burlap sack scarecrow mask and put it on. He raised his hand and gas sprouted from his sleeve filling the woman's lungs.

Darcy smiled at him. "I already know what you're afraid of, darling," she said pressing her hand against the glass. "Forty eight percent of females fear spiders, while twelve percent of males fear them. I guess you're one of the twelve percent." She pulled out a remote and pressed a button. From the ceiling fell into the container...

"Spiders!" Amanda screamed at the top of her lungs. She thrashed around as the drug infiltrated her body and blinded her sense of reality. "Get them off of me!" she shrieked. Crane stared at her curiously.

"Get them off of me!" Horace yelled as the Black Widow spiders fell into the glass container. Darcy grinned. "The bite of the Black Widow can be very fatal. Especially if you get more than one," she sang as the spiders began to crawl up his legs and he yelled in pain and fear. "Fear is such a fascinating thing. Don't you think?" Horace wasn't paying attention of course, he was slowly being killed by the spiders. Darcy smiled slightly and stood, awaiting the mans painful death.

"The toxin will slowly drive you insane," Crane said without emotion. Amanda wasn't listening. She was too busy trying to get the imaginary spiders away from her. "Breaking news, Gotham City Police Department have found the body of Horace Stephens today," the lady on the news said catching Cranes attention. "The body was found inside a large container of live spiders. Friends and family say he had a terrible fear of spiders. It seems the killer used his fear against him. Police aren't sure who the killer is but they believe it was a female who did this. There was a lipstick kiss on the glass with the word 'Arachnophobia' written in the mans blood. They are calling her the Mistress of Fear. We will keep you up to date on this story..." Crane switched off the TV and stood still for a few minutes. Then he turned to his desk and with one swift hand motion he swiped everything off his desk.

He pulled out a piece of paper and a marker. He scribbled on it and taped it to the wall above the desk.
Find the Mistress of Fear
He took deep breaths and ran a hand through his hair.

"I will find the Mistress of fear...my mistress of fear."