Chapter 4

Watching her ruthless actions, Winter slowly limped towards her, bloody, bandaged, and bruised. Winter walked slowly, as if trying to sort himself out first. In the corner of his eyes, the trees all stood tall, even so compared to the now thirty-four year-old man. But, Winter only felt like he'd just met Fall two days ago. He didn't know very much about her, but was determined to find out. Winter was so close now, that he could probably smell her hair. He winced as he held out two shaky arms. Fall continued to kick and punch the dummy. Winter breathed his cold breath down her neck, eyes filled with crystal tears. Winter wrapped his arms around the tense girl, her eyes now filled with tears. He lifted her up and began to twirl her, as if some magical strength came to him, and forced his arms not to shake and his mind not be afraid of the darkness that lay ahead. 

Fall began to laugh as Winter twirled her, feeling safe in that moment. Winter stopped, still holding Fall in his arms and, looking at her, he smiled. "Let the anger out on me." He murmured and Fall put a gentle hand on his cheek. "I could never." "Then kiss me instead." Winter put a big hand on the back of her head before their lips touched, creating a kind of magic one could never dream of ruling...