We Used to Call it Speed but Now It's Crystal Meth

***I got so much great feedback and comments asking me to update that I've decided to! THANK YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH for your niceness and kind words!*** 

I hated the fact that my one best friend was so goddamn far away and unreachable for another 2 days, I hated the fact that my boyfriend didn't, doesn't, and never will love me, but most of all, I hated the fact that my mom was getting married to a guy I barely knew without any kind of input from my side.

Running through the streets, the sleeting rain blinding and making it impossible to see more than 5 feet in front of me, I almost got run over by an oncoming car. With the angry yells of the driver trailing after me, I ducked behind one house, then the next, ran some more, until my lungs felt like they were about to burst. I stopped long enough to bend over and heave as much oxygen back into my lungs as possible. Then I straightened out and assessed my surroundings. Huh. Somehow my sub consciousness directed my feet to Richie's house.

Well as long as I'm here, then why not?

I knocked on his door and when he opened, I was greeted by the sweet smell of lavender. Ah, it finally doesn't smell like a hookah lounge in here. I breathed in and asked him, "Can I come in?"

"Of course you can, you look like a something a cat would drag in," Richie said happily and held the door open for me.

"Gee, thanks for the compliment," I muttered and walked inside.

"No problemo amiga," he said and followed me to the living room, after slamming the front door loud enough to wake not just the neighbors, but the dead as well.

I fell on top of the love seat and sighed. Richie took a seat at my feet and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Ah nothing important. My mom is getting married to this new guy and I don't know what to do," I said and looked down at him.

"You know the best remedy for when you're feeling down and not being able to do anything about the shit situation you're in?" he asked, widening his big green eyes.

"Kill yourself or the guy?" I asked, half serious.

"Nah, go to the closest supermarket and buy food," Richie said seriously and looked at me.

"You're kidding right?" I asked him. He slowly shook his head, side to side, silently answering my question.

"Dude, it's pouring buckets outside and I'm drenched, are you really going to make me go outside?" I moaned.

"You can just change clothes," he said whilst getting up and then ruffling behind the love chair and coming up with a giant grey oversized sweater.

"Ugh, this makes me so un-cute! No guy will look at me," I said and cracked a smile as Richie posed and said in a sassy voice, "The day you dress for a man is the day they dress you up in your coffin to see Jesus!"

"Damn right. Well alright then, let's go," I said, throwing the sweater over my head and following him out of the house.

***

Entering the air conditioned "Ricky's Market", I felt the cold trail its frost bitten fingers up and down my arms, leaving goosebumps in its wake.

"Let's pig out," I heard Richie whisper into my ear and poke me in the side. Then he picked up a cabbage and smashed his head into it.

"What the HELL are you doing?" I asked as stray leafs scattered around him.

"If you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing," he said with the seriousness of a Buddha monk.

"You're not sinning stupid, you're just destroying poor defenseless veggies," I said and steered him into one of the aisles, before anyone had a chance to notice and kick us out.

"I'm not, I'm just trying to cheer you up," he grumbled.

"I swear, you don't even need weed to get high, you were born that way," I said and tried not to roll my eyes.

"Hey! Thanks!" he said, smiling brightly.

I grabbed 4 Oreos packets, 4 Monsters, and 3 frozen pizzas while Richie disappeared somewhere in between the aisles.

"Oh, well imagine," Richie said, (speak of the devil...) appearing out of nowhere and taking a stand in front of me, like Napoleon in front of his army.

"As I'm pacing the aisles in a small corner store, and I can't help but to hear, NO I CAN'T HELP BUT TO HEAR!...an exchanging of the words: 'What a beautiful melon! What a beautiful melon!' says a patron to a stocker. And yes, but what a shame, what a shame we're not getting anymore," he said with a grandeur gesture and bowed his head, shaking it side to side.

I thought he finished but he proved otherwise, grabbing me by my arms and looking into my eyes while wailing like a banshee, "I CHIME WITH HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE HEARD OF STOCKING THE GODDAMN STORE, NO,"

"Oh my GOD! We're going to get kicked out of the store before I buy my food!" I yelled at him while he chuckled like a hyena. I dragged him to the nearest cashier register, and while the poor half dead girl rang me up, I tried to calm Richie down with his goddamn watermelons. Finally, after paying and grabbing all our bags, we made a beeline for the door.

Just as Billie came in.

Fuck.