⊰28⊱

Yay! Fan made cover for Code of Conduct and also the official cover!This gorgeous and completely stunning cover was made by: The_Lancelot_Show some love!

This gorgeous and completely stunning cover was made by: The_Lancelot_
Show some love!

🌹  

"Walter Valentine?" I'm almost falling off the seat of my chair now, my expression one of confusion. I know of a Valentine, but I've never heard that name to go along with it before now. All of this, the events that have been covered up by the years, keeping secrets, but why? What would happen if there was much more and we're barely scratching the surface?

With Keir's back still leaning against the chair, he nods and elaborates, "Walter is the eldest Valentine child with his second sibling being Arthur."

Arthur...the moment he mentioned the last name Valentine, a part of me already knew what would come next, I just didn't want to hear it. That would make Arthur my uncle...but if Walter was killed by a council member...or even my own mother, wouldn't he be next in line for the throne? Did the council think it best that maybe one ruler wasn't the solution and that with all their voices coming together and being heard, that they might accomplish more good?

Why exactly did this monarchy crumble?

I see no good. If that truly is the original code, then I'm going to assume that Walter's death was no accident at all...everyone who possibly could have killed him had something to gain, but the question is, who?

"Rose?" Keir asks gently and I lift my eyes from staring at the front of his desk, my breathing evening out. I still said nothing, my mind working over all of this new information and what it means for the future. Once again, Keir leans forward with concern as he asks, "Rose, are you alright?"

My voice catches in my throat at first, but then my pitch raises slightly, "I-I-I'm not sure."

"I know it's a lot to take in and I don't expect you to resolve your own conflicted emotions right now," Keir stands slowly from his chair, moving around the edge of the desk. I sit back in my chair while he leans against the front of his desk, his hands pressing down against the wooden surface as he says, "you've been through a lot and there is more that you need to understand, but I think this is enough for one night."

"Bu-"

He chuckles at my anticipation and cuts me right off, "I want you to get some sleep. You need a good rest after being treated the way you have and then we can resume our conversation in the morning. If it's sunny out, we'll go for a walk."

"But I-"

"To bed with you missy," Keir shakes his head at my persistence, but after that notion, I know I'm not going to get any further answers tonight. Though, the answers I do have, I seriously have to consider what's been revealed about my past and everyone linked to me. When I glance up to see his expression, I sigh.