Christmas Special: Letters from Loki

Letters from King Loki of Muspelheim, to his beloved wife, Queen Megan of Nifleheim, 10 days before winter solstice.

To the Queen of My Heart,

Hello, dearest darling cupcake. It's been four days since you left on your diplomatic mission to the outskirts of Nifleheim. How goes the rebellion there? Give those buggers the finger for me, will you? And tell them their all ugly and their mothers dress them funny. 

You know, I still have no idea why our advisers suggested you go quell the uprising and bring peace, instead of me. I think I'd be great at it.

Things are fantastic here though, I'm holding down the fort. Aside from sorting out a few little kerfuffles about land and taxes, I've also learned how to cook macaroni. Did you know, it takes considerable more talent than you'd described not to burn the noodles? Charlotte told me I was supposed to put water in, and since then things have gone a lot more smoothly.

Speaking of Charlotte, she's still got a bit of a learning curve on this powers thing that Kiera passed on. Did you know she can create fire as well as frost now? And she can make fireballs nearly as big as I can now. The only issue is she seems to have absolutely no control over where said fireballs ends up after she creates them

On another note, how long does it take for eyebrows to grow back do you think?

Please update me as soon as you can and let me know how everything is going. I know you're out there with the elite guards and everything, but it still makes me twitchy to have you gone any longer than a few days. And I would hate if they insulted you or something and I end up being the first king to ride over there and just burn everything down. 

In any case, I'm sure in the next few days I will go a bit stir crazy (maybe I'll take up knitting). I miss your face, and I miss...other things. I miss doing the tango with you. (TANGO IS CODE FOR SEXY TIMES).

Love you and miss you every second.

Your amazing and lovable husband,

Loki

Reply from Queen Megan of Nifleheim, to King Loki of Muspelheim, 9 days before winter solstice

To the King of my Heart,

Dearest darling Loki, you're ridiculous and I love you. Everything is fine here, but I don't think I should tell the rebel leader that her "mother dresses her funny".

Please don't burn down the entire palace while I'm gone.

I love and miss you too.

Love your exasperated wife,

Megan.