Enter to win $10,000.00 USD and have your story turned into a digital short!
At Brakebills University magic is very, very real. Only the most gifted magicians in the world are granted acceptance—like Quentin Coldwater.
Quentin spent a whole semester trying to stop and destroy The Beast—a mysterious, evil force who has a serious problem with, um, everything, and was determined to use his power to put an end to Quentin and his friends.
But in his search for The Beast, Quentin discovered that this wasn't his first run-in with him. Thanks to a powerful time spell, it was actually the 40th time he and his friends had gone head to head with him. And it wasn't pretty. To see what happened that time, and get a full recap of season one of The Magicians watch this Season 1 Recap:
Season one showcased the most recent of unsuccessful encounters with the Beast. The 39 other epic battles are still a mystery.
Your challenge is to create a 1,500 word short story telling us about one of the other times that Quentin and his friends battled the Beast.
Tag your tale with #BattleTheBeast and post the link to your completed story in the comments below so we know it's up. The 10 top stories as selected by our Wattpad staff will be featured in a reading list on the Syfy profile, and sent to The Magicians elite judging panel which includes Lev Grossman, author of The Magicians book trilogy that was adapted by Syfy and the executive producers of the series.
One winning entry, as selected by The Magicians judging panel, will receive $10,000.00 USD and be turned into a digital short to be featured on The Magicians social profiles.
Consider the thought starters below for your entries:
- Can you think of a new character that could help Quentin finally defeat The Beast?
- Which of Quentin's friends should he call upon for help?
- What new special spells could Quentin and his friends use to bring down The Beast?
- Could Quentin and his friends use the power of time travel to their advantage?
Submit your stories by February 8th at 11:59pm PST.
1. Your story must be in English
2. Your story can be a maximum of 1,500 Words. Anything over that will be disqualified!
3. Entrants must be legal residents of the United States and at least 18 years of age at the time of entry.
4. You can enter as many times as you want, as long as your entries meet our guidelines.
5. Your story must be original and created by YOU!
6. Your story must be tagged #BattleTheBeast
YOU ARE READING
Battle The Beast ContestTeen Fiction
Create a short story about one of Quentin's Battles with The Beast for your chance to win $10,000.00 USD and have your story turned into a digital short!