14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"hey, beautiful."

wheein, who was previously scrolling through her phone, was startled at first by the endearing name she was just called. though, she already knew who that sweet voice speaking to her belonged to, it still didn't stop her from turning around, facing the orange haired girl.

"beautiful?" she questioned, trying to control the heat wanting to spread across her cheeks.

now standing next to the dark haired girl, hwasa focused her gaze on the other's features. she could see the girl's cheeks were dusted with a light shade of red; the wind gently brushed through her long, silky hair; eyes seemingly so innocent, filled with a sort of adoration.

slowly, hwasa nodded her head, taking in all the beauty of the other girl. with no hesitation, she said, "yeah, beautiful."

it was silent for a while; it wasn't awkward nor uncomfortable. the two girls just stood together, awaiting for the bus' arrival.

in no time, the yellow vehicle pulled up, and both sat next to each other- just like always.

the bus ride mostly consisted of hwasa telling wheein about how someone almost set fire to the science lab with an experiment gone wrong. the dark girl haired found herself laughing at the other's amusing stories. sometimes wheein would even join in a conversation, and the two would chat about absolutely anything.

at first, wheein was anxious, scared, maybe even a little embarrassed to talk to her crush. but now, things have finally settled down in her mind, she felt more comfortable being herself around the orange haired girl.

and things have been going really well for her lately- especially involving school. the one place she thought she would always be lonely at.

the bus ride came to an end, wheein was alone, currently walking back to a place she knew would never truly be a home to her.

yet, after spending the day with hwasa, the happiness inside her never faded; even when she opened the front door of her house, even when she was greeted by nothing but the plain future and bare walls. she sighed, trudging over to the staircase, but before she even stepped one foot up, her mother called out her name.

the girl slowly walked into the lounge room, noticing a new pile of papers spread across the coffee table.

"yes?" she asked, being cautious not to stutter.

the lady picked up a piece of paper, "the school semester ends this friday. i don't want you slacking off because it's going to be break, you're going to continue studying, right?"

wheein nodded her head.

"and i don't want you being around anyone, they're only going to be distractions."

her heart started to feel heavy, she wrapped her fingers around her sleeves tightly in hope it would help her to not start crying in front of her mother. then, again, she nodded her head, quickly exiting the room and retreated to her bedroom.

once she was inside, she immediately closed the door and flopped down on her bed.

she knew her mother was serious about her words; more serious about wheein focusing on studies and only that.

the girl also knew she should stop being around hwasa, but she didn't want that. at all. the orange haired girl was the one person who actually made wheein happy, she wasn't going to push her away just because her mother said so. yet, she hated making her parents disappointed; she hated seeing the upset looks on their faces when wheein knew she was the cause of them.

wheein let out a shaky breath, already feeling warm tears fall effortlessly down her cheeks. she covered her face with both of her hands, trying to control her breathing and her scattered thoughts.

she wanted the happiness in her life to stay, and being with hwasa gave that to her.

on the other hand, she wanted to make her parents proud, and paying more attention to her school work would do that. as much as it would hurt the girl distancing herself from hwasa, she had to do it.

would it be worth it?