Intentions

Chapter 16
(Dinner)
Finns pov:
Rachel,Mia ,Ben ,and I all sat at the dinner table silently eating until I finally said,

"So Ben how long have you and Mia been friends?" I asked .

"A couple months now." He said smiling at her.

"And you know about her situation?" I asked her.

"Dad!" She said.

"It's okay Mia, yeah I do and I'm okay with it. My mom was a teen mom as well so watching her I get how hard it can be." He told me.

"So what are you're intentions here?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry?" He asked confused .

"Dad!" Mia said pissed.

"What? I'm just trying to make sure he's not going to pull anything. You've been through a lot and I wanna make sure that if he likes you that he gets that it's just not you anymore." I said.

"Ben I am so sorry this is not like him I promise he's usually normal." Mia said annoyed .

"It's okay Mia, I think I understand why your father is acting like this. Mr.Hudson I get that you want to protect your daughter and your grandchild as much as possible but I want you to know that I like Mia , a lot and I don't have any unethical intentions I just like her." He said smiling at Mia.

"So you are just friends?" I asked him.

"Yeah we're friends." He said.

"Oh okay, well than I should apologize to both of you , welcome to our home." I said embarrassed.

(Later)
Rachel's pov:
I walked into the bedroom to see Finn in bed looking at pictures.

"What are you looking at?" I asked him laying down next to him.

"Just photos of when Mia was a baby." He said.

"Awe I remember that, she loved it when you did superman with her." I said.

"I know she would giggle and laugh the entire time." He said.

"God , she grew up so fast." I said.

"Yeah they all did." He said.

"We still have 3 more you know." I said.

"I know, it's just one moment you're lifting them up in the air playing superman and the next moment they're bringing boys home and kissing." He said.

I smiled and said,

"Oh honey, she's a teenager this is just a phase in her life. The kids adore you and so do I." I said kissing his cheek.

"Do you remember when you told me about Mia?" He said.

"Of course I do , how could I ever forget? I was so nervous that day and you reacted less dramatically than I expected." I said.

"What did you expect?" He asked me.

"Well I expected you to kick over a chair and storm out dramatically." I said and we laughed.

"Yeah that was kind of my thing." He said modestly .

"Kind of ?" I said and we laughed.

He smiled and kissed me ,

"Let's get away for the week." He said.

"What?" I asked him.

"Yeah, just you and me." He said.

"Where?" I asked him.

"New York City." He said.

"Okay let's do it." I said and kissed him.