Chapter 9

"Is she okay?"

"She swallowed so many pills, it was very hard to get them out of her system. But eventually we did. She's in a coma, we aren't sure when, or if she will wake up. But she's breathing with the help of our machines." The doctor said.

Tears spilled from my eyes, she's okay, for now. But I don't know what I'll do if she doesn't wake up.

Her dad ran his hand through his hair.

"Can I see her?" I asked.

"Not yet." He said walking away.

"This is all your fault." I said to her father.

"I know."

"No, I don't think you do know. She was depressed. She had no one. You were the worst father to her! You didn't even notice! How can you live with yourself? She needed someone, she needed you." I said as tears dropped to the floor.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was doing, ever since her mom died-"

"No, no. Don't bring up her mother. Just because her mother is gone you have to be an alcoholic? Abusive?? No! There's no reason for you to be like this except that you are a horrible person. She might never wake up from this coma and do you even care?!" I yelled causing people to look over at me.

"I obviously care. She's my daughter."

"No, you never treated her like one. When's the last time you bought her clothes, or shoes? Or even gave her lunch money? When's the last time you even bought groceries?" I yelled.

"I.. I don't know." He said looking At the floor.

"You should be ashamed of yourself. You need to get help and you need to be a better father. Because if she does wake up from this coma and you aren't better, I'm fucking calling the police." I spat.

"I will."

"No, I'm talking having a job, completely staying away from drugs, alcohol, showing her love, being a good father, but groceries, buying her clothes. EVERYTHING!"

"I will." He said.

"You better."

With that, I walked out of the hospital. I know I told him to stay away from alcohol, but he was a horrible person, I needed a release.

I went to the nearest liquor store and bought a bottle of vodka using my fake I.D.

I opened the bottle and took a big gulp. The burning sensation just somehow helped. That's what I needed.