His shoulders sag in defeat and he looks away, a deep frown on his face. "Whenever we get involved in something, shit happens. Actually, double shit since we're twins."

"I know, but we have to do the right thing. Come on this is so unnatural, usually, you're the one stopping me from doing something stupid."

"Usually we're a team no matter what," he says sadly. "But alright, if that's what you want. I still feel like we should stay out of it for our sake, but I should've figured you'd try to get yourself in a potentially very dangerous situation, you always do."

"But I have a brother who always has my back." I smile faintly at him, getting only a sad smile in return.

. . . .

A large group of smaller kids and teenagers is piled on the patio, being formed into smaller groups of four to five for easier transferring to the safe place Harry has found for them somewhere away on the North. Everyone younger than eighteen is leaving Hazard today.

Louis and Alex are demonstrating some kind of battle movements to a few older teenagers in case they need it, but failing at it since they're too busy laughing and teasing each other. The scene makes me smile, it makes me happy to see Alex happy, he never had friends before we came here. Neither of us had.

Louis suddenly trips and falls face down, making Tori and Alex laugh, neither of them helping him up since they can barely move from laughing so hard. Louis just keeps lying on the ground, seemingly embarrassed with that fall and I think I hear him groan.

"Okay, I'm ready to die now," Louis says, looking up at the sky.

"Are your shoelaces unt-" Tori starts, wiping her tears.

"Not a fucking word!" Louis snaps at her.

I'm not surprised to see Liam in the company of a few seventeen-year-old girls, a smirk on his face as he openly flirts with them. The girls are watching him with interest, basically swooning at whatever's he's saying.

Niall is crouching in front of a small kid who I believe is one of the youngest ones here, tying his shoelaces and smiling brightly at him. Harry is beside him, talking to a few kids, giving each of them a hug.

I decide to join them, but my eyes catch Tommy standing aside, his eyebrows pulled in a deep frown as he stares at the ground, shuffling his foot over the cement absently. I walk toward him with a smile, placing my hand on his shoulder, his deep brown eyes snapping up at mine.

"Hey, what is it?" I ask gently.

"I don't want to go," he tells me, looking down again.

"And I don't want you to go, and neither does H." That makes him look up at me again warily. "But it's best for you, how can we fight the enemy if you're not safe? They would hurt you just to hurt us, you need to understand that." He frowns. "We'll defeat them and when you come back, we're starting to train with knives."

His lips suddenly pull in a grin, eyes twinkling with excitement. "Yes!" He fist pumps the air. "Oh man, defeat them as soon as you can."

"Oh, we will." I grin back at him, surprised when he pulls me in for a hug, his arms tightly wrapped around my waist. Only now I realise how hard this is for me, I've got very attached to these kids, especially Tommy and Alice. This place won't be the same without them, they're the energy and positivity in here.

When I hear a familiar shy voice, I turn around, looking down at Alice. "Hey, Princess," I greet her, stroking her silky brown hair.

"You have to tell me how Alice in Wonderland ends," she tells me, a small smile on her face as her arms latch to my waist.