Werewolf Forest::Chapter 8

**IMPORTANT TO ANYONE WHO ENTERED THE CHARATER CONTEST!!!!**

Ok so I need to know if you mind being a bad guy or not. Because I need one bad guy. So EVERYONE who sent me their info PLEASE answer back whether it is yes or no. PLEASE!!! I would just rather not insult anyone by making them a bad guy without their permission. Sorry to bother you. (If the whole 'Character Contest' thing is new to you, check out the beginning of Chapter 7 for details!! I need all the entries I can get!!!) Oh and the new vote goal is 30 votes by April 7th sounds reasonable right? 12 days if I have it right.

_________________________________________________________________________

I stopped moving my arms...err, wings, and dropped like a rock. I slammed into the hard, stony ground with a force that probably would have killed a human, but would only give me some really bad bruises.

I stood up and spun around like a dog chasing its tail, trying to get a better look at the wings. Jason was still staring at me with wide eyes.

I lifted my arm and stared under it at the wing. It was longer than I was tall, at least six feet, and white as new-fallen snow. There were black wavy lines breaking the snowy background, swirling around the bottom edge like vines.

'First I turn into a giant dog, and now this?!' I screamed in my head.

I ripped my gaze away from the...my wing and turned my attention to Jason. His mouth was still gaping as his eyes bolted from one wing to the other.

"Care to explain this?!" I waved my hands frantically at my new feathery appendages.

"I...um...I..." Jason stuttered. He swallowed, than answered calmly. "I think this is something Danny should explain."

"Oh, bull-" I was cut off by him dragging me towards the camp. He stopped and looked back at me.

"Uh...do you think you could... retract those?" He pointed to my wings.

I used my newfound muscles to pull my wings in. They folded closely to my back, only creating a small bump.

He yanked on my hand and pulled me toward the camp again. We ran as fast as possible to Danny's tent, hoping no one would notice the two, six-foot, feathered monstrosities hugging to my back.

We reached Danny's tent and burst through the flaps, not bothering to announce ourselves.

"Jason? Maggie?" Danny looked up from the map he was looking at and gazed at us with a confused expression. When he caught sight of our panicked expressions his face hardened, turning into one of concern and seriousness. "What's wrong?"

Jason looked over at me and nodded his head sideways, indicating for me to show Danny.

I let my wings relax and stretch out. It felt good to release the muscles from their tension, like putting down a heavy backpack and rolling out your sore shoulders. I let them extend as far as they could without hitting the canvas walls of the tent.

Danny's face was one of shock for a brief moment before it turned to one of understanding. He sighed as he looked down and nodded to himself.

"Maggie, you might want to sit down." He sat cross-legged, Jason and I following, settling down on the cool dirt floor.

I shifted my shoulders sideways and accidently smacked Jason in the back of the head with one giant wing.

"Hey!" He exclaimed, grabbing the back of his head.

"Sorry," I muttered, turning the other way. I felt my feathers brush against something before I heard it crash to the ground. I cringed at the smashing of something delicate. "Sorry," I repeated.