Chapter 21

<>Liam's POV<>

"Dad, what are we going to do? Do you have the money?" We stood in his small motel room.

"I don't. But I went back to the house earlier. There's nothing left of the house, except a steel briefcase, and this."

He opened his phone to a photograph of the King family crest painted on the frontside of the house remains. It was their symbol, marking their territory. It resembled a crown on top of an hour glass.

I filled with rage.

"They burned our home? The King's? Why?" Nova questioned, looking sick to her stomach.

"To show us they mean business. I have the disk, I have myself, now all we need is the money."

"We have to get those son of a bitches. First they take our family away from us, now they destroy our home? They need to pay!"

"Liam, I understand the rage you feel. Our family comes first. Once you turn me over along with the money and the disc, you take Will. You take him back and leave. Don't stop until you're in a country that speaks a different language."

"We can't just do that! They tore us apart!"

Nova didn't fight on my side on this one, she kept quiet, studying me hard. She looked worried.

"And they'll literally tear you apart if you stay. They want me to suffer, and they'll do that anyway they can. After they kill me, they'll hunt you down."

"How do we know they haven't already hunted down mom and Jack? And Minga?"

"We don't. I'm sure if they had them though they'd make sure to rub it in."

"My question father is, why? Why did you steal from them in the first place?"
Nova crossed her arms, her hair was twisted into an untidy braid.

"I was greedy. I wanted power, respect, money. I was foolish to think I could get away with it, but it was so long ago I haven't even thought about it in years. Glaccki, the traitorous scum, must've told them what I did. Ten years later, they are rising from the ashes I smashed them to, and threatening us. Kids, the second you get Will, I want you out of this country. They trade me for Will, you take your little brother, and book it out of here."

"That isn't happening." I said sharply.

"Don't argue with me, son. You're really leaving this time."

"No. We're not."

"Yes, we are." Nova explained.

"What?" I looked back at her.

"I don't see another way."

"You really want to abandon our father?"

"Of course I don't. I love him to pieces, but I love my brother's too, and my mom. He's the one that put us in this situation, Will shouldn't have to suffer."

"How could you say that?"

"She's right. I messed this up. I pay the price." Father admitted.