t w e n t y f o u r

oml, I can't - ah uwu

oml, I can't - ah uwu. Also, like eyebrow game strong!

|TwentyFour|

I sat open-mouthed, blushing. Why was Lucifer like this?

"Um," I began, trying to steer the conversation into something I was comfortable at, "can we bake cookies?"

Lucifer quirked an eyebrow at my request and ran his thumb across of my chin. "But, we just ate an entire tub of ice cream."

"So?" I ask, shrugging. "I see no issue with my question."

"Alright," Lucifer said with a nod, offering a hand to pull me off of the kitchen counter. I take his hand and jump down, Lucifer acting quickly to pull me close.

"I like this distance between us," Lucifer murmured into my hair, running his hands through the strands.

"Lucifer," I tilted my head upwards to sneak a glance, "there isn't any distance between us."

Lucifer nodded,"Exactly."

I couldn't help but smile. However, there was a constant warning flashing in my mind; instructing me to not listen to Lucifer's words with full trust, I could never be one hundred per cent sure if Lucifer was acting genuinely or not. But there must be a way to find out if Lucifer was genuinely apologetic this time or not? Musn't there?

"If you grab the flour and the sugar from the bottom cupboard to the left of the oven, I'll get the butter and the eggs."

"What about the chocolate chips?" I asked, watching Lucifer pull a metal mixing bowl from one of the overhead cupboards.

"You want to bake chocolate chip cookies?"

I paused, the box of flour still in my hand, "Is that even a question Lucifer? Of course, I want to bake chocolate chip cookies!"

"Well," Lucifer said, walking over with the butter and a carton of eggs balancing in his hands, "you didn't exactly specify what you wanted."

"Mm - you should learn then."

"That what you say that you want is never quite truly what you want?" Lucifer guessed half-heartedly.

I nodded, placing the bag of sugar onto the counter, "Exactly."

"Right," Lucifer murmured, moving to retrieve a bag of chocolate chips from one of the many cupboards in the kitchen.