The Bite

Chapter 1

It's a month exactly after Derek killed Peter. Scott had accepted Derek's apology for killing Peter and was now Derek’s second in command.

Derek and Scott are wrestling in front of the house for fun.  Stiles is watching the little wrestling match from the picnic table. He gets a thoughtful expression on his face before he slides off the table.

"Derek I have decided."

Those words stop Derek cold.  He freezes and Scott, not noticing his alpha's stillness, hits Derek and knocks him on his ass. Derek just sits there, staring at Stiles in horror.

"L-later ok Stiles.  Unless you, you know." Derek titled his head slightly towards Scott's direction. Stiles shakes his head no.

 "Ok Derek later."

Scott offers Derek a hand and he takes it.

"Let's take a break Scott I don't feel much like wrestling anymore." His voice sounds hollow.

 Scott notices, "You ok Derek?"

Derek laughs but it too is hollow, "Yeah Scott I'm fine." Technically it's not a lie.

"You don't sound fine, man. You want to talk?" Scott asks worried about him.

"He said he's fine Scott. We should be leaving. We have a game tomorrow." Stiles says a bit harshly.

Scott looks at his normally sweet friend in shock and confusion. 

What has gotten into everyone?

"Yeah okay Stiles. See you later Derek." Scott says still confused.

As Stiles drives Scott home, Scott’s confusion grows because Stiles didn't play his music loudly or sing during the whole car ride.  He didn't even say one thing.

"Scott, I love you, remember that. If anything happens to me you have to take care of my dad." Stiles says once they arrived to Scott's house.  Stiles hugs Scott tightly and tells him to go to inside.

Scott gets out and went inside as Stiles drove off toward his house.

Walking inside, he grabs a piece of paper and left his dad a note saying:

Dad I love. I won’t be here when you get home I'm staying with Derek. See you in the morning. Ps if something happens to me don't blame Derek or Scott it was my fault, my choice. Love stiles

He tapes it to the door and shut the screen so the wind wouldn't blow it away. Stiles gets back in his jeep and drives to Derek's.

"Ok Derek it's time." Derek hears Stiles coming and he dreads this meeting but he walks outside nevertheless.

"Stiles, it could kill you! I don't want to be the reason you die, or the person to kill you." Derek says hoping to deter Stiles.

Stiles sighs, he had been expecting this. "Derek we talked about this; it's my choice.  Besides you promised."

Derek whines, he had promised but he thought the kid was smart not stupid. "Stiles we were just becoming friends. Could you think about it a little longer?" Derek pleads.

"I'm sorry Derek but no. I thought about it for a whole month. I'm sure of my decision." Stiles says.

 "What about saying your good byes?" Derek asked grasping at straws now.

Stiles sighs and rubs his head. "Tell you what, I'll let you do the wolfy thing but you have to swear to tell me the truth. I trust you Derek." Derek whimpers but he nods and walks over closer to Stiles who tilts his head back and to the side.

Derek moves closer and places his nose to Stiles’ neck and he inhales pausing for a moment before he inhales again. Derek can smell something odd but he's not sure what it is so he tilts Stiles' head to the other side and sniffs. This time his wolf howls and Derek had his answer.

Derek moves out of Stiles' personal space and frowns, "My wolf sees you as pack which means the bite probably won't kill you. But it still could."