Chapter Forty-seven

The car rumbles to a stop and I feel all bubbly inside. I've never been to a place like this before. Either has Vie, so we're not actually too sure what to expect. I look over to Ryan and smile. "Have fun tonight," he says, cupping my cheek with his hand.

"Don't worry, I will," I grin, leaning into the warmth of his hand. I grab my handbag and make sure I have what I need in it before opening the door.

"Forgetting something?" he asks.

"Um, no, I don't think so," I say slowly.

"A kiss?"

"Really?" I ask excitedly. "But we're in public?"

"No one's around and I'm not your teacher. That's what they think anyway," he smirks.

"Oh Ryan, you're a fruit loop sometimes," I smack his shoulder.

"That's why you love me."

"Yes, it is one of the many reasons why I love you," I say wholeheartedly. I lean in and tangle my fingers in his hair as his rest of my cheek again. We both bow into a passionate kiss. I tell him again that I love him and that I'll see him later on as I step out of the car and close it behind me. We wave goodbye. I love him so much. This is going to be cheesy, but he really does complete me.

"Spa night, spa night, spa night," Vie chants, rolling her arms in a circle motion in and away from her chest.

"Oh yeah, bring it on!" I whoop. Vie slacks her arm over my shoulder and I loop my around her waist.

"I don't even know what to expect," Vie says as we walk past some shops towards the spa.

"Either. Awesomeness and relaxation I suppose," I laugh.

"By the way, that was so cute," Vie says.

"What was?"

"You and Ryan. You know, I think that's the first time I've seen you two kiss. You have no idea how obvious it is that you're in love when you're able to be yourselves. A rare kind of love. A true love."

"Vie, you hopeless romantic," I joke. "Thank you, though. That means a lot to us."

"I know," Vie smiles and opens the door.

I take out the voucher from my bag and hand it to the smiling receptionist. She looks it over and says, "Wow, three whole hours, you lucky girls."

"My mum went all out for my eighteenth," I chuckle. "It's our first time coming to a spa too, so we're just rolling with it."

"I remember my first time. I was so stressed from my HSC that I just needed a break. So what years are you two girls in?"

"Eleven," Vie says.

"Ah, so you guys know what I'm talking about. Stage six, the time in school where everything piles up and you're tense all the time and tired. You're definitely going to enjoy tonight. I know it sure helped me for those two years. I loved it so much I got a job here as soon as I could, the whole vibe and feel of this place just relaxes you."

"It sure does," I nod my head, looking around. She's right, just standing by the receptionist desk sends calming vibes through you. There are burning candles that emit a beautiful lavender scent and posters hung up that are soothing to look at. A lot of thought must have been put into this place.

"Well I better not hold you up any longer," says the receptionist. "Here are your schedules for this evening and everything you'll need," she smiles as she hands us a towel, robe and a pamphlet thing on top.