Chapter 10

Copyright © 2014 Joey Danielle

Haddon

I shifted as soon as I got outside to find that bastard. No one will put their hands on Gabrielle. I smelled him near the pack house training base and ran into him, pinning him down to the ground.

I snapped my jaws in his face to make sure he knew who the fuck I was. His wolf immediately shifted into his human form. I shifted back to my human and choked him.

"What the fuck do you think you were doing pushing your Luna?"

"I-it was an accident. I would never hurt her. I care about h-"

"I should kill your ass, but I feel something between you two. I don't know if its dangerous or not. Speak now." I commanded, dropping him on his ass.

"Well, you know I would never hurt my Luna. I-I don't know what it is with her, but I feel the need to protect her," he paused for a second before continuing,

" Lately, something has been pushing me to be attracted to her, physically, but I've been trying to fight it. That's why I've been distancing myself, from....from her."

I was furious at him saying he was attracted to my mate, but my feral was telling me he was being truthful. I thought about how my mate would feel if I killed him, she would be devastated...

"Well, I'm going to find Gabrielle so you can apologize to your luna." I walked off searching for my mate, leaving him on the ground.

I walked back to the conference room sniffing for her, but she wasn't in there, so I linked her.

"Where are you?"

"Park."

I jumped in my Aston and drove to the only park near us which was about five minutes away from the pack house.

I pulled up and saw Gabrielle on a swing besides a small pond that was glistening in the warm late April Sun. She looked up, she must've smelled me. Her abilities were heightening since we mated, as were mine.

"Hey baby." I said, sitting in the swing beside her. She lowered her head back to the ground, not making eye contact.

"You remember this park?" She looked into the horizon at the sun setting.

"Yeah," I smirked.,"this is where I first kissed you, before you moved."

I caressed under her chin so I could see her plump lips, i swear she was my only weakness.

"Haddon...I-I can't do this, this killing people thing. I can't handle it. I'm....going to...stay....away. I need a break."

My heart broke with every word, I saw the tears running down her face as she got up to leave.

"Please, don't." I held her close to me.

"N-No... We barely go to school, the only thing we do faithfully is have sex, I don't see my mom any more, I don't even have a life outside of this house...this relationship. I just need to find myself."

She pulled away from my grasp roughly. "I love you," she kissed me and ran to her car, leaving me there with my heart climbing up my throat painfully.

Gabrielle

We weren't breaking up, but that was the most heart wrenching experience I've ever had, other than dad dying. I drove to my moms house and sat in the drive way crying for an hour and a half before I walked in. Fixing my drenched face, I put on a smile so my mom wouldn't have to worry. The spare key was still under the mat, thank god.