14. Never Be

Sorry weird chapter I had to fit this in to make the plot go normal so thanks! You can skip if you want. I would have wrote more on this chapter but this chapter took me a week cause I'm so lazy! Anyway Enjoy!

Dipper pov

Driving to school today was kinda.. weird. Bill wasn't really being himself. He was still really happy and cheerful however he wasn't paying any attention to me. I know that sounds a bit selfish but he was talking to Mable most of the morning. Is he tired of me? Annoyed? Angry?

First period went by quick however in second I couldn't stop looking back at Bill. At some points I could see him looking at me but his eyes quickly looked away. I hoped Bill would at least pick up a conversation in fifth period. I looked forward at the teacher and listened to her lesson. It wasn't that boring, however I felt someone staring at me for while, out of the corner of my eye I looked back to see Bill staring at me again, however he didn't look away this time. Maybe cause he didn't notice I was looking as well. I blushed and looked down, I liked his attention so I didn't try to interrupt him.

---------------------------------------------------------

"So shooting star, How was your day" I heard Bill say as he talking to Mable. It was lunch and I was talking with Soos and Wendy. I felt completely invisible around Bill now, in fifth period he didn't sit near me nor talk to me! At that point I was getting a bit pissed but didn't do anything about it. "Ah It fine now!" Mable said in her cheerful voice. I rolled my eyes and stopped paying attention to them. "Hey Dipper, you want to go to my house today? My gang is ditching me so I have nothing to do." Wendy said while facing me. Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Bill looking over at us. I smirked a bit and nodded "Sure, I'm free" I said with hesitation, I didn't know if getting Bill more out of my life would make things better. "great! You can come home with me. My dad can pick you up with me. We'll watch a movie or something" Wendy said with a smile. I nodded and smiled to. 

Soon are conversation went natural but I couldn't help but snoop up on Bill's and Mable's conversation. "Hahah! Omg stop with your puns!" Mable laughed and blushed a bit. "Your blushing~" Bill teased. I felt as if I was going to cry, I was getting jealous and I couldn't deny it. However I also didn't want to lose Bill.

"Ahh I have to go do something..." I said while stepping away from the group. "Okay? Be careful!" Wendy stated and waved a bit. I nodded and turned around. I soon walked away with sorrow. I needed to talk to Bill sooner or later but I didn't want to do it now. I'd probably cry if I spoke in front of him.

---------------------------------------------------------  

I stepped into Wendy's car, I looked back at Bill walking away with Mable to his car. He laughed and his eyes looked over at me. I blushed and got in the car and sat down, Wendy sat passenger seat. I looked over at her dad, He was kind of intimidating. Wendy had already texted her dad telling him I was going home with them. "Hey Dipper what do you even want to do when we get back to my house" Wendy asked while looking back at me. My attenuation was grabbed by her and I looked back at her. "Maybe just a movie, We can also take a hike. I always liked the woods up by your house" I stated and smiled, Wendy nodded as we began to drive off. I looked behind me as I saw Mable and Bill getting in his car. I frowned, no! Your just being paranoid, He probably is still your friend but he just wanted to talk to Mable today! I thought trying to convince myself. 

I Looked out of the window next to me, watching the trees and cars fly by. I wanted to explore the world so badly, my heart wanted to see everything that lived on this earth. If I lived on this earth I wanted to know everything about it. I sighed and closed my eyes. I wanted to be with Bill however. I shock my head. I need to stop, I'll never be with him. At least I could explore the world with out a care in the world. Most people have a social life, with friends and loved ones. However some people without a social life have a reason for it. My mom told me I should go out more often and make more friends. But I don't because if I make friends I'll just.... Leave them... My eyes shot open. I had to get my thoughts out of my head. They just made my more depressed then I already was on the subject.

"Dipper we're here" Wendy stated and as I heard the car door open. I jumped up, and looked over to see Wendy had opened the car door for me. I hadn't even realized we had came to a stop. I grabbed my back pack and got out. "Thanks" I said and rubbed the back of my neck. Wendy nodded and we began to walk up to her front door. I looked behind her house to see the long stretch of trees. I smiled really wanting to go out there. Wendy obviously saw me because when I smiled she chuckled "I guess we'll go hiking then!" Wendy smirked and walked into her house. I followed her in and watched as she threw her pack back onto her couch. "Let me go get my hiking boots. If you want you can borrow my brothers" Wendy stated while she began to walk to her room. I nodded and walked over to the hallway closet. 

I had been here many times and the place wasn't very big so I knew where almost everything was. I opened the closet door and looked down at many shoes, I grabbed the ones that I had used before and stepped back. I took off my tennis shoes and put them in the closet and sat down on the ground to put on the hiking boots. I tied them and got up. I wiped off my pants and sighed. My eyes looked over to see Wendy walking over to me. She wore a red jacket and a white T-shirt, She looked good though I didn't know why she would wear white while hiking. "I'm ready! Let's go!" Wendy smiled and patted me on the head. I blushed and watched as she began to walk to the back door. I followed her and we proceeded to go outside. I looked around to see all the trees and the dirt on the ground. "You want to go the spot?" Wendy asked and smiled. I blushed more and remember that was the spot we had always gone to when we went hiking. Also Where I confessed... 

I nodded and smiled. "Well you got to beat me there!" Wendy almost yelled and began to run off ahead. "Hey!" I shouted and laughed. I began to run as well and was starting to catch up. She looked back at me and wink and then began to run quicker. I groaned and sped up my feet as well. Even if I was getting tired. I was having a lot of fun. I smiled,  I knew I'd never fall for Wendy again but we would be great friends.

==========================================

Work count: 1300