uncharted

I cant believe i was actually going to do this. Was I really? No. I would tell Jadzia I couldn't do it because if I did, my father would kill me.

       something buzzed in my pocket, i grabbed my phone and answered.

"hello?" i asked.

"Hi!" answered an overly-enthusiastic voice.

"Jadzia about tonight....."

"Danny, we have to. Clinton deserves it! im not letting him get away with telling my parents on me. plus, this is the only night Clintion is on sanctuary duty." she slowly persuaded.

"Okay, but if anyone finds out, I'm blaming you." I warned her.

"No one will find out. I'll be over in 10 minutes."

     I hung up. Jadzia could be impulsive sometimes, but she was the only friend i was allowed to have over at the palace. My father didn't allow others to come because of what happend to my mom.

     I was six when she was murdered. My father had planned a large party for my mothers 40th birthday. It was my very first banquet. I was all dressed up with the new dress my parents had bought me that morning. Black, with red trim.

     I can still remember how my aunt was complimenting the velvet when I heard the scream. A gun fired, and my mother had fallen to the floor, a red rose of blood coming from her chest.

     My father had cried for help, but she was already dead. My father and I had greived over her body for one whole day, never eating nor sleeping. This was tradition on my home planet, Varsha.

     Since then, extra guards were assigned to me and no more parties were thrown at the palace. A price to pay over their lost Queen.

     My father had put a heavy ransom her killer. A farm family found him waiting to board a shuttle back to earth. I detest the planet, full of squabblers waiting for their next meal. He was then brought to the castle, where he was executed right in front of me. Even though I despised him along with our whole kingdom, it was pretty disgusting to watch a mans insides be ripped out. Along with the screaming. He didn't have any money on him, probably waiting until the rebellion paid him for his services.

     I heard the doorbell ringing signaling Jadzia's presence, and got ready for her excitment.

     "whoosh!" something had run into me and practically run me over when I realised what it was.

"Jazia! One day you are going to kill me with you bear hugs." I sighed. The door guards heads perked up when they heard the word "kill". I signaled to them that everything was fine and started jogging to catch up with my friend.

       I couldn't blame her for admiring the mansion. I loved my home, but seldom paid attention to the details. Unfortuatly Jadzia didn't leave anything to chance. As if she was never going to be alowed back, she memorized every corner or pattern in the place. She often complained about living in her home, which I found extrodinary. But didn't hold a finger to the castle.

      We walked into the kitchen, with large counters granite tile, it could win any competition by far. We had a few refridgerators, and more than enough ovens. I usually didn't come in here, because I never make my food, thats the cooks job. Thankfully Mrs. Jedsion was out buying tonights dinner and no one was in the room. Jadzia usually planned to do something 'out of the ordinary' when she came over. Which was all the time.

       "Danny you worry to much. Do you have the powder?" she asked excitedly.

      Jadzia was planning on playinag a joke on Clinton because he told her parents that instead of being at school one day, she came to hang out with me becasue she needed to study for some of her tests that day. Also another of the things she complained about. I didn't technicly need school, because I didn't need to train for a job in later life. But I did have a tutor to teach me the history of the Kingdom.

       The powder was sleeping powder. We were going to bake cookies and give them to Clinton, him unknowingly  eating himself to sleep on sanctuary duty.

        The sanctuary is the place where my mother is buried, also where most of her prized posessions are, including the crown and the royal necklace. Those will stay there until I am crowned Queen. My father required constant watch of the doors, while only he or I could enter.

         "Yes i have the powder. So come on and lets make these stupid cookies before the guards come and see us."