Nicole and Starlight

Ava's POV

After everything had settled down, we decided to watch a movie. "Okay. We have Nemo, Grown.Ups 2, and Mama." We all thought for a moment. "Grown Ups 2!" Tiff, Dill, Ty, Jordan, Mitch and I yelled. "Mama!" Jerome shouted. "NEMO!" Adam shrieked. The rest of shook our heads and Tiff put Grown Ups 2 in. Dill brought out some popcorn, too. "POPCORN! NOM NOM NOM!" I shouted and lunged for the bowl. After about half an hour, Mitch's phone rang. "Be right back." He said and went upstairs. He didn't come down. "I'll go check on him." Tiff said worriedly and dashed upstairs.

Tiff's POV

I ran upstairs and saw one of the doors closed. I pressed my ear up against it. Inside I heard soft sobs. Oh no. I thought as I pushed open the door. There was Mitch, sitting on the bed, bawling. "What happened?" I asked as I sat down next to him. "It's my parents." He said, still looking down. He glanced at me, eyes rimmed red. "T-they've been killed in a hit and run." My hands flew up to my mouth in shock. "My little sister wasn't home. She wasn't hurt, but now she has nowhere to stay." I smiled at him. "You know better than that! She can stay here as long as she needs to!" He gave a faint smile at me. "You're the best, Tiff." He hugged me. "When is she coming over?" I asked. "Well, I told her give me a minute to see if I could find her a place to-" "Give me the phone." I cut him off. He shrugged and handed it to me. I found her contact, put down as "Sista". She picked up on the 1st ring. "Mitch?" I grinned. "No, it's his girlfriend, Tiff. Guess what!" "What?" "You're coming to stay with me/us!" There was silence. "R-really? I don't have to go to the orphanage?" "No! I would never let that happen! Get your stuff. Mitch will come and pick you up." I glanced him, making sure. He gave me a thumbs up. "Okay!" She hung up. "Alright! Go get ya sista!" He smiled. "Thanks, Tiff. This really means a lot to me." He said then dashed downstairs. I walked back into the room, just as I heard a door slam. What was that about? Dill mouthed to me. Tell you later. I mouthed back. She shrugged, then looked at the screen. "Ooh! This is my favorite part!" I exclaimed as Higgens went down the road in a truck tire.

Ava's POV

The movie was finishing up when the door opened quietly. Mitch must be back. I thought. When Dill turned the TV off, I heard Mitch yell "Hey doods! There's someone I want us to meet!" I looked at Jordan and Ty. We all shrugged. All of us headed into the kitchen. In the middle of the room, a girl stood there. She had fair skin, light blonde hair and deep brown eyes. She was also wearing jeans, a black shirt that said "WTF" in white writing, and Converse shoes. "This is my little sister, Nicole." Wait, sister? I didn't know Mitch had a sister. I'm not good with people, so I hid behind Ty and Jordan. Ty glanced at me and held my hand. I tried to make myself as unnoticeable as possible. "So we have a couple new people. This is Dill, Tiff's sister, and that's- wait, where's Ava?" He asked. Ty and Jordan stepped away, revealing me. Thanks. I thought to Jordan and Ty. I cleared my throat. "I'm, uh, Ava... Hai." She smiled at me and darted over. "Holy crap your fast!" I couldn't help but exclaim. She had dashed a few yards in a millisecond! She hugged me. "I see someone's a bit shy!" Just then I heard a soft mewl and jumped back. "What the crap was that?! It sounded like a ocelot!" Mitch gave Nicole a patronizing look. "Nicole? Did you put Starlight in your bag again?" She grinned sheepishly and opened the tiny bag that was around her. Out she pulled out a baby ocelot. "ITS A BABY OCELOT! SHE'S SO FRIGGIN CUTE!" She gave me an odd look. "Starlight's a kitten." Mitch came up beside her and whispered something in her ear. She nodded. "Baby ocelots are known as kittens here. And adult ones are cats." I nodded, still looking at the kitten. She was a silvery blue, speckled with black and white. "Can I hold her?" I asked. "Sure!" Nicole kissed Starlight's head and handed her to me. I cradled her close to me. Here." I yawned. "Ahhhh... I'm friggen pooped! Night!" I heard choruses of "Me too!", almost all feminine. Then there was Adam. He went to sleep too. We all passed out in the living room in odd positions. Nicole was upside down on the fluffy recliner, Starlight curled on her stomach. Me and Adam were on the couch next to each other, Tiff was laying across our legs and Dill was on the back of the couch, her foot in face. Then I passed out, snoring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey birdies and reptiles! I just wanted to thank you all for, what, 238 reads now? HOLY FRIGGIN MOTHER OF NUTELLA! Uhm, yeah, that's about it. Oh! Wait! I also have a poem book going, and I need some topics to write on! Now that's it! :3 Comment Sandfire if you read this far, and BAIIIIIIII!!!!!!!