Chapter 08: Common Denominator

WILHELMINA

WILHELMINA

HUMANS ARE not that different from codes. Kahit gaano pa sila kahirap basahin, kung pag-aaralan ang kanilang ginagawa, malalaman kung anong iniisip o binabalak nilang gawin.

The form of attitudes. The pattern of motivations. The frequency of gestures. Lahat ng ito'y basehan para basahin ang ilang estudyante. My classmates were no exemption, of course.

Holmesians? Reactive. Kung ano ang galaw ng isa, doon nila ibabase ang ikikilos nila.

Adlerians? Passive. Dumedepende lamang sila sa paligid at mag-a-adapt kung biglang may magbabago sa mga external factor.

Moriartians? Stimulus. Laging sila ang nakakahanap ng paraan upang umayon ang kilos ng mga biktima sa kanilang plano.

How about us, Watsonians? We merely observe how everyone reacts, how one thing leads to another and how we can take advantage of the outcome.

And that's how we managed to outwit our classmates in our Special Arts activity. Let the Moriartians trigger a chain of events. Let the Holmesians and Adlerians go along with the chaos.

Kadalasang nasa background kami, nagmamasid at hindi unang kumikilos. We prepare for all eventualities. We adjust strategies based on the current situation.

Our team's strategist, Joanna, suggested to split our forces and utilize all available resources in our arsenal. I was assigned as the "mission control." Joanna and Sean would be doing the chasing and pacifying. We coordinated via wireless communication.

Professor Dred took responsibility for the chaos that ensued in the cafe. Moriartians had to thank him for that. Despite being outmatched, the Holmesians were still in good mood. The Adlerians? A bit disappointed that they exerted effort for their disguise skills.

As a reward, we would be exempted from taking the first quiz. Hindi naman namin kailangang ma-exempt sa klase. Ngunit dahil 'yon ang kapalit ng pagkahuli kay Professor Dred, wala kaming choice kundi tanggapin ang reward.

At the end of today's class, I was summoned to the office of our House leader. The messenger told me that it was about the update on my brief abduction case.

Until now, the whole affair was a mystery to me. Ilang araw ko nang pinag-iisipan kung bakit ako ang tinarget ng kung sinumang dumukot sa akin. I have made no enemies in the university.

"Please take a seat!" the Watsonian leader's broad frame greeted me as I entered the room. He stood, revealing his bulky build, and his large hand motioned to the cushioned chair in front of him. The pin on his collar shone as the lamp above our heads shed its light.

The office of the House leader was cluttered with paper, probably pending proposals of the council, and thick books. The portraits of the past leaders were hanging on the wall. Parang nakamasid ang kanilang mga mata sa kung sinuman ang nandito sa loob.