Moving Day

Mom and dad got to drive me but Jaycee was coming up to help me unpack. "And never leave your drink alone at a party." dad went on telling his list of things not to do in college, "Oh and another thing, don't go to parties."
My mom laughed. They were holding hands, things had changed for them, dad had changed a lot. He wasn't the man I remembered from my childhood, but that wasn't a bad thing. He had completely accepted Jaycee, they bonded over motorcycles and classical films. I'm gonna miss those days, I can't believe I'm going to university four hours away. You could see the campus from a block away, "We trust you Lydia, please don't give us a reason to not." Mom said as we got closer.
"Yes m'am, I promise I'm here to learn." This has always been my dream, go to college meet my life long best friend, graduate, get married. It's not the same anymore, I want to finish this as quick as possible and get back to Jaycee. She wanted to come with me but she's still going to college there and just got brought in as a professors assistant.
"Well this is it" we drove through the gate. My parents kept talking but I got a text, Jaycee: Hey, I will be there to help you move but I had to stop and get something. Probably about twenty minutes behind schedule, love you beautiful. I told her I loved her back and to be careful.
"I think it's this one over here" my mom said pointing at the giant tent set up with people around it. We pulled into the parking lot and walked over,
"Hello" my dad piped up "Lydia Jan-"
He didn't even get to finish my name before they handed me my books with a key to my dorm. They drove me over to it and helped me carry my bags up.
Mom started trying to find my decorations, "Is there nothing you want me to help you hang up?" She asked.
"No, Jaycee is bringing all of my pictures from the apartment."
"Oh okay"
My dad looked at me for a little while, "I guess we better get going, it's a long ride back." He hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Then mom stepped up even though I know she wasn't ready to leave but she gave me her goodbye hug anyway. We shared our I love you's and I told them to be careful. I watched them as they walked to the car, I will miss them but not as much as I will miss Jaycee. We've woke up and went to sleep together for the past two years. Now I'm gonna have to spend my mornings with someone else I sat on my bed and looked across at the bed with no one in it.

I heard a knock on the door so I ran over and opened it and Jaycee stumbled in carrying my stack of boxes.
She dropped them on my bed, "Jesus Christ" she sat down.
I sat in her lap and leaned on her with my chin on her shoulder.
"What do you wanna start with? We can go get dinner now or wait until after you're unpacked." She rubbed her hand on my back. "Can't we just stay like this?" I asked playing with her fingers. "I wish babe, but it's already four, I wish I wouldn't had been so late heading out today." I kissed her exposed neck and she ignored it until I made it up to her jaw then she turned and kissed me back. When I stopped I continued staring at her, "What?" She asked smiling.
"Can't you just live with me?"
She laughed, "No"
"Pleeeeeeeeee-"
"I can't"
"-eeeeeeeeaaaaaaa-"
"Lydia"
"-aaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee-" She pulled me into another kiss. Then she patted my knee, "Let's go get dinner, I'm starving."