A New Beacon (Clark Kent x Reader)

When he met her, he was at the stage of his life where he questioned his actions and his emotions.

Why was he doing this?

He didn't know sometimes. Sometimes it didn't feel right or he ends up hurting people.

Some days, he just wished that he could stay in his bed and he didn't have to go to Daily Planet. Clark wished he could just eat ice cream and watch Netflix.

Lois left. Clark tried to drift his mind from his fall. They said he was a god. But was he truly a god if he fell?

Then, there was Y/N. She was the clumsy neighbor that moved in. She was annoying with those constant random, loud bangs that would startle him.

He would yell a "are you alright?"

And she would yell back a sheepish reply.

The mornings would consist of her rummaging through her bag for something. Clark would exit nodding at her swiftly, and she would smile at him before leaving also.

Sometimes, he would meet her when they got their mail in the small room below their homes. She would have no mail sometimes and Clark would see her disappointed looks sometimes.

It was sad, while Clark had plenty from his ma.

But she would still smile at him and everyone else she saw. He would nod but inside he felt a small hope open up when he saw her smile.

It wasn't until Clark would notice her absence from the usual routine. He would notice her missing from the mornings and her smile disappearing along with it.

He found himself hoping she would be there but find that she wasn't.

And one day, he almost gave up.

"Where've you been?" He asked, trying to be nonchalant but all he wanted to do was interrogate her.

"Uh... Family issues." She replied. Then, smiling again she shrugged. "Nothing big."

He could see her lying. She was a open book.

But Clark just nodded.

And they continued their day, but he never forgot the conversation.

Clark debated wether or not to start another conversation but found himself in awkward situation in his mind of course.

And when he actually did talk to her, she made the conversation flow nicely even though she would laugh awkwardly.

Clark found her smile blinding, her laugh contagious, her shyness adorable.

Whenever she looked down, shyly, and looked back up he would stare.

"You need to come over some day and learn to bake." Clark said.

"I know how to bake." She defended.

"Sure." He replied, sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes. "Fine, Bake master." Y/N mocked. "How about the weekend?"

Clark almost bulged his eyes out too much. "Wait, this week?"

"Why not?"

"Sure, my place." Clark recovered.

And he spent the rest of the day buying every possible baking supply they might need.

And that during that time, he found a new hope.

It was what he lost, but he found a new better hope.

It wasn't replacing the lost one. That will always have a special place in his heart.

Clark smiled as he opened he door.

And she smiled back, rambling suggestions on what to bake as he listened.

When she talked, she drowned out his demons. When she laughed, she killed some monsters. And when she smiled, she gave him a little light.