Chapter 12: Goodbye

(.....)
You get back to the house, only to find Lapis basically trapping Garnet in a water hand, and Steven knocked out.

"Lapis! What is this about?!" You yell at her.
"I know what she showed you, Y/N!" She screams back.
"Yeah? Well you're not helping your case!"
"I'm upset with you! You don't even know these people as much as me, a-and you trust them over me, after everything!"
"Just because I believe them, doesn't mean it has to be this way! You can still do the right thing here!"
"And what is that, let you of all people, kill me?!"
"Release them, and don't do what Garnet foretold. It's a risk I don't want to happen."
"... Why do you care so much about them?"
"Because they're the only thing on this planet stopping the homeworld of gems from destroying it. If you haven't noticed, I live here."
"... But I can get them to spare you!"
"They'll just kill us both. You already know that, deep inside yourself."

Lapis... Releases Steven and Garnet. Garnet supports Steven, who still is knocked out.

"... Thank you." You say to her, exhausted emotionally. Lapis stays silent, and apologizes accordingly.

You sigh, relieved, and think to yourself.
"Lapis.. I need you to promise me not to tell your homeworld." You tell her.
"But--"
"No. I'm not taking chances. Do not contact them."
"... Okay.. I promise."
You hug her, tightly, as if to say: I hope your not lying to me. She hugs back, full of regret.
"I'm sorry, Y/N." She cries.
"I forgive you, Lapis. Just.. Let go of the gems trapping you in a mirror for thousands of years, okay? It's in the past, and hurting them now won't change anything."
"I know.. I'm sorry.."
"Don't apologize to me for that, apologize to the gems."
You hug her tightly.