Chapter Twenty-Seven:

"I need to talk to you" I whispered into the phone above the roar of my shower and sink. I slid across the white tile, moving to the door. "OH.. are you in the shower? Allie, i'm with my parents..but alright. I can dig it" He laughed, and I heard the sound of Andrew talking in the background, and Sam's intimidating fathers voice.

Blushing, I stuttered up a explanation; "No. Ruby and Ms.Goodman-it's just complicated. Can I see you? We need to talk" I chattered, resting my head against the door. "Are you alright, Allie? You sound-" Before he could finish I interrupted him "I know I sound stressed..but this is important, alright? Meet me at Midway, you know the one we met at?" I whispered, chattering my teeth together.

"Ms.Allie, are you going to surprise me with a romantic gesture? Do I need to wear pants, or what...?" God, why was he making it so complicated! I only had a few minutes, and Ruby and Ms.Goodman made it clear I was not to leave the house or talk to Sam, so this had to be fast.

But when Ms.Goodman's involved, I like to cause trouble.

"God darn! Sam! This is serious" I hissed, rolling my eyes. "Alright, God, calm down baby. PMS much? I'm on my way" He chuckled, and I heard his dad asking questions. Hanging up, I stood up and set my phone down on the counter, plugging it into my radio and blasting Britney Spears.

Checking everything to make it seem like I was showering, I grabbed my wristlet and walked over to the window. Propping it open, I took a breath and thought of what I was about to do and what my excuse would be if I broke a arm. Probably 'Beyoncé made me do it' or something involving Beyoncé.

Sticking one leg out, I pressed it against the tree and pushed my arm out, gripping it and digging my nails into it. Locking my leg around it, I pulled the other leg out and wrapped it around the tree before slowly making my way down.

Once I reached the bottom, I took a breath before walking as fast as I could. I was under dressed for the rain, in my UGGs, jeans, and a grey sweater and immediately wished i'd picked other shoes, but when your going to see your boyfriend to tell him you where going away for a week AND ask him why his parent's didn't know about you, you had to look sexy. It's girl code.

Speeding up, I felt the rain splattering on my head and knew i'd be a frizzy mess in a few minutes. Yuck.

Once I reached Midway, I saw Sam's black sports car parked in the lot. Feeling a burst of excitement, I opened the door fast as I could and ran over to Sam who was paying for Twizzlers's and a water. Just as I got within touching distance, he turned and I jumped into his arms kissing him and hugging him tightly.

"Horny teenagers.." The cashier mumbled, rolling his eyes and pushing Sam's change to him.

Being the great person Sam is, he dropped it into the tip jar. Laughing while I kissed him, he took his stuff and walked us over to the back table.

"What the hell was that?" He chuckled, once we sat down. Moving to get comfortable on his lap, I stole one of his Twizzlers's and bit the end off, bouncing as I tried to calm myself. "Peaches, you're not making me want to-"

"Ruby thinks i'm getting to attached to you and my aunt and uncle offered to let me stay with them for a week because they felt bad about not letting me live with them and Ms.Goodman thinks it'd be a good idea because i'm a teenager and I need to learn to survive without a man and Ruby agrees so i'm going to Boston to stay with my aunt Angie, Uncle Kevin and their 4 kids for a week." I spat out, swallowing the piece of Twizzler I was chewing.

Sam thought for a moment, trying to process my words. "A week? Allie.." Sam trailed off, rubbing his face with his hand and pulling me closer. "And your dad scares me" I finished, entwining my fingers with his.

"When did you meet my dad?" He growled, holding me at arms distance and checking me for cuts, or bruises. "Last night, he just asked what I was doing and scared the crap out of me. " I whispered, pushing his water toward him for him to drink so he would calm down.

He took a long sip "Why didn't you tell your parents we where..mates.." I said quietly, looking around the empty corner shop. "When I find my mate, i'm supposed to..mark and mate her immediately so we can start reproducing and have a son to take over when I get old enough. But you, my love, I don't want you to have to grow up to soon" He said gently, running his hand over my cheek.

He pulled me to his chest, kissing my head. "You're so caring, Sam" I smiled, pulling away to get a Twizzler. "And you let me steal your Twizzlers!"

"You're going to be gone for a week..can we text or video chat?" Sam asked, kissing my hand and nuzzling in my neck. "Uh..I think. I hope, at least." I said gently, before remembering why I walked instead of taking my car.

"Um..and I snuck out pretending to take a shower to see you, so can you uh.. help me get back into my bathroom?"

"How did you get out from your bathroom. Isn't it on the second story?"

~~~
Gripping my butt more then necessary, Sam pushed me toward the open window as rain poured down on us. Climbing in, I fell on the tile just as Ruby started knocking. "Allie, Allie! Are you okay? You've been in there for a while" She asked. Sam slipped in behind me, and a panicked look crossed my face.

"Yeah! Just..uh..slipped!" I yelled, and the door nob started to turn. Didn't I lock it? Pushing Sam into the still surprisingly warm shower along with myself, I looked down at my ruined UGGs. "Allie, I just wanted to know if you had any dirty clothes you wanted to bring to Boston" She asked, and I heard her getting my dirty clothes basket.

The wet denim stuck to my legs creating friction, and Sam kissing my neck and rubbing my thighs was not helping me remain calm. "Y-yeah, can you wash my black sweater and my high socks?" I asked loudly, almost moaning as Sam's lips found the sweet spot on my neck. "I got the socks, where is the sweater?" She asked, and I thought furiously.

"Down stairs on the couch" I yelled, hearing her leave. Shutting the water off, I rinsed the water out of my hair and turned to face Sam, whose jeans where soaking wet and obviously fighting to hide his boner. "I guess this is goodbye for a week" He whispered, helping me step out and setting me on the counter.

"Yeah.." I trailed off, pulling my boots and jeans off leaving me in the wet grey sweater and wet panties. "I love you" He whispered against my lips, pulling me into a kiss. Wrapping my arms around his neck, our tongues fought for dominance of the kiss, and when he grinded his hips into mine I gave up and let him control it.

"I love you" I whispered as we parted for a moment, pulling back to each other. When he explained mates, he said he felt every emotion I felt and every time we touched he felt sparks. I still felt them, and hadn't gotten used to them but if we..mated?.. would it increase or decrease? "We have to stop.."

Keeping my eyes closed and letting the kiss linger on my lips, he pulled away from me and when I opened them he was gone.