Chapter 8

A/N: the cover of this chapter is Dan, Angie's friend

While Jay was researching on his computer, Zak, Aaron, and Billy were checking newspapers. Katie was checking as well. Angie was fast asleep again on the couch. "Found something. Adam Jones, he was 21 when he committed his first murder. His first murder was a 15 year old girl named Catherine Walker. She was found with many stabbing wounds and she was half naked, possible molestation" Jay explained. "That's horrible" Katie said, looking at Jay. "The newspaper said that police were going to connect him to the murder of 21 year old Stephanie Cortes, who disappeared the same week as Catherine" Billy added. "He even killed a 6 year old girl too. This dude is a psychopath" Zak said, putting down the paper. "Well, now we know who we're dealing with" Aaron said and looks at Angie move her head from side to side. "Mom, please no" Angie mumbles. "Dad, no, don't leave me" she later mumbles while tears are falling from her eyes. Aaron looks at Zak. "She's having a dream about something bad" Katie said. Angie gasps and wakes up. "Breathe Angie. Everyone's here" Billy said and Angie nods. "Mom was there, alive and well and she was fighting Adam, he was alive too. Dad was lying on the floor, dead and with a knife on his chest" Angie said, looking at Katie. Zak's eyes widened and he tries not to faint. Katie helps Zak lay down. "We might as well do something before that or something worse happens. In the meantime, you will still go to school, Angie" Jay explained. "Sounds good to me. I don't want to lose my reputation of straight A's and no absences" Angie says. "Go do your homework" Zak said and Angie goes to her room.

Angie's P. O. V
That dream was terrifying and scared the shit out of me. How I saw Dad's lifeless body, how I was crying and screaming... Get a grip, woman! I lay down on my bed, pet Gracie who was still laying on my bed, put on "Thanks For the Memories" by Fall Out Boy, and start doing my homework. "Let's see.... If I use the Side Angle Side postulate, then it can help me see if the triangles are congruent" I mumble to myself. I scream as Dan, my boy best friend, knocks on my window. He has a weird habit of jumping in the building and knocking on the windows. Gracie gets up and wags her tail. She seems happy to see Dan. "DANIEL!" I yell his full name and he laughs nonstop. I hear my door open and it was my dad along with Aunt Katie and my uncles. "Uh oh. Sorry Mr. Bagans, I was checking on Angelina, sir" Dan said while dropping to his butt from the window. I try not to laugh. "Why were you on the window? Are you alright?" Aunt Katie asked. Dan smiles sheepishly as Dad was death glaring him. If looks could kill..... Dad would have killed everyone. "I have a habit of making amazing entrances in the window" Dan replied, rubbing his neck sheepishly. "Aren't you supposed to be with your mother and father?" Dad asked. "They wanted me to stay here for an hour. They were going to do intimacy to have another kid" Dan replied. Aunt Katie laughs a little. Dad looks at me and I shrug. "I'll let you stay here but, you guys need to do homework from where I can see" Dad said and I smile. "Zak, stop being overprotective. He's just a friend" Aunt Katie said, pulling Dad and my uncles by their ear. "You guys better come downstairs or you'll see demon Zak" Dad threatened and Aunt Katie rolls her eyes. "Alright alright, we'll go downstairs" I said, giving up. "Uh I agree with Angie here" Dan said, trembling. "Don't be scared. I'll make sure these bad boys aren't making you feel uncomfortable" Aunt Katie said, still smiling. Sometimes, her smiles creep me the fudge out. "Thank you, Ma'am" Dan said. "Please call me Katie" Aunt Katie said.

Katie's P. O. V
The boys sure know how to scare a boy to death. I keep pulling them by their ears and drag them to the living room. "What was that for?" Billy asked. "Yeah, we don't want our ears to be red" Jay added. A bunch of anime tick marks appear on my forehead. "You know how I am with kids. Don't you dare make Dan uncomfortable. Dangel is my OTP" I said. "Dangel?" Zak asked. "Mine too, actually. I ship it" Arron said, high fiving me. Then, we hear laughter from the kitchen. We all look back to see Dan poking at Angie's cheek. "Stop it, Dan" Angie said through laughter. I smile. Zak was smiling a little. "I see Mr. Softy coming out" I tease and Zak looks at me. "I just like my daughter being happy" Zak mumbles, crossing his muscular arms around his chest. I laugh. "Hey Dad, can Dan join us on our investigations?" Angie asked. "Sure. As long as he doesn't do anything inappropriate to you" Zak replied and Angie laughs. "I found about Adam Jones a couple of days ago since they made a documentary about him a few days ago. He used to live in Connecticut. Possibly near the Ed and Lorraine Warren's haunted museum" Dan said, looking at us. "Wow. For a kid, you sure do well in research" Jay said, looking at Dan wide eyes. I smile. "Thank Angelina Marie Bagans Lopez" Dan said, putting an arm around Angie. She smiles. "We leave to Connecticut Monday afternoon, make sure you two get your work ready" Zak said. "Alright" we all say. Let's hope we don't get hurt.