Home sweet... home? (22)

Y/N P.O.V.

We've been back from our holiday for a few weeks now. As much as I miss the beaches and poolside views, it's good to be home. I sat in the guild, trying to drown out the yelling as I placed my head on the table, covering my head in my hands. I'm just going to rest my eyes for a little bit.

"Y/N. My office. Now." Gramps barked, practically the second I started drifting off the sleep.

"Ugh, coming." I pushed myself up off the table, walking up the staircase as I yawned, rubbing my eyes as I did so. I walked up to his doors, knocking and pushing the doors open slightly. "You wanted me?" I said as I poked my head in.

"Come sit down child," He smiled as he gestured to the seat in front of him. I smiled as sat down, feeling myself sink into the cushioned chair. "I need you to be honest with me."

"Of course, what do you want to know?" I smiled as I looked intently at him.

"You're exhausted aren't you?" He sighed as he looked at me, his voice unwavering.

I looked at him, the idea of lying momentarily flying through my head. But there was no point, he'd be able to tell. "Yeah, I just haven't had heaps of time to sleep... You know almost daily commutes to Sabertooth." I raked my hands through my hair, as I explained my situation.

"To see Sting I assume?" He clarified.

"Of course, he's my mate after all," I said as I smiled at the thought of him.

"And you love him?" He asked as he placed his hands on the desk.

"More than anything," I replied honestly.

He took a deep breath, rethinking what he was going to say to me. "Then it's decided," I could see the sadness in his eyes as he paused to think again. "You shall leave Fairytail," He said, looking at me dead in the eyes.

"I...I'll what," I stuttered as I tried to process what he told me. "I... I won't leave, this is my home," I whimpered as tears started swelling in my eyes.

"And it always will be," He smiled as he got up from his chair and placed a hand on my shoulder, "But you've got a new family... We can all see how miserable you are without him with you," He smiled.

"I'm not miserable here," I muttered.

"I know you're not, but your eyes have that sparkle when you talk about Sting. We all know that you need to be with him," He smiled again as he leads me outside, where the entire guild was standing waiting for me to exit.

"You love him Y/N, you need to be with him," Lucy smiled as she gave me a hug.

"I love you guys too," I cried as I gripped Lucy's back as I hugged her.

"We know, that's why... YOU'LL BE FORCED TO VISIT ONCE A WEEK!!" Natsu screamed as he jumped around in the crowd.

"You won't be able to escape us that easily," Mira laughed as she saw everyone yell how I better come back. "You'll always be a member of Fairytail, even if you brandish the Sabertooth mark," She smiled again.

"I can't leave you guys, you were my first family," I sobbed as I covered my eyes.

"Things change Y/N, you can't be in two guilds, especially when they're so far apart," Levy added as she pulled my hands away from my face. "You'll still always be welcome here," She said once more before walking away.

"R...right, I'll always be apart of Fairytail!!" I yelled as I shot my fist up in the air, causing everyone to laugh as yell as well. "Can you remove my mark... Master," I muttered as I realised that would be the last time I'd call him that.

"Of course," He sniffled as he tried to hide his tears, I squatted down to his level. He placed his hands over my guild mark, sniffing again as he removed my guild mark with a bright glow of light.

"Gramps!! Stop crying!!" Natsu yelled again as he laughed slightly, its good to see everyone can still find the light in the situation.

I walked down the stairs, hugging everyone as I tried to hold back tears. It wasn't like I'd never see them again, but it felt like I never would. I walked out the door, looking back once again to see everyone smiling at me. I waved goodbye and closed the door behind me. I had finished this chapter of my life, and I was excited to start the next one.

I walked down the street, with a new sense of purpose, who knew what would happen, but I was excited. I quickly got on the train, that I'd usually take at least once a day... for the last time for a while.

The excitement keeping my usual sickness at bay. I practically jumped off the train, too excited to get on with whatever was going to happen. I was sure they'd accept me in the guild, but would this change Sting's relationship with me, considering he'd be my master.

I eventually reached the guild, the area had become oh so familiar to me, I've been here that many times now. I pushed open the doors to see everyone chatting as they walked around.

"Y/N! You're back early!!" Yukino smiled as she saw me standing in the doorway.

"Y/N? Hey!" Sting smiled as he walked up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck, jumping up on my tippy toes to peck his lips. "Hello to you too," He laughed as he looked down at me, his cheeks slightly red.

"I Missed you~" I sung as I stared into his eyes.

"Ugh, I love that you come here Y/N, but can you keep the disgusting displays of affection to a minimum." Orga gagged as he stared at us. "Whatcha doing here so early anyway?" He asked as he leant back on his elbows.

"Right uh... So I've been visiting you guys almost every day," I paused as I looked around. "And I... I uh... I left fairytail," I said as everyone stared at me in shock, not sure what I meant.

"Why would you leave?" Sting said as he looked down at me in concern.

"I wanted to join you guys... as a guild member," I sighed as I looked up at him with puppy eyes.

"You want to join us?" He said in disbelief, blinking quickly, almost like he expected me to disappear.

"If that's okay with you..." My stomach dropped, did he not want me in the guild?

"OF COURSE YOU CAN!!" He yelled as he picked me up, hugging me as he laughed. My fears instantly washed away, Gramps was right, I belonged here. "You'll never be able to escape me!" He laughed as he hugged me tighter.

"So, what now master," I whispered in his ear, putting extra emphasis on master. I didn't mean anything by it, just some simple mockery. But, something flashed in his eyes. His arm moved lightning fast, grabbing me by the wrist and dragging me up to his office.

"I HAVE SOME IMPORTANT BUSINESS TO ATTENT TO!! NO ONE COME IN!!" He yelled at everyone before he slammed the door behind him.

"There are going to be tiny dragonslayers running around soon, aren't there," Rogue shivered in disgust at his partner's actions

"FROCH THINKS SO TOO!!" The tiny exceed yelled as he jumped up.