Chapter Fourteen

----------------

Dedication: Fandom_obsessed for the cute cover! The water looks so nice! Thank you!

Recap:

"I guess," I replied. "I'm not expelled."

"Thank God."

"I have to work with the She-Devil to organise a carnival fundraiser," I grimaced, shuddering at the thought.

"Mia?" he questioned.

"The one and only."

He let out a snort. "Oh that's a good punishment. Go Principal Mathers."

I glowered at him and he laughed again.

This is going to be hell.

I neeeed more music to listen to! What are your favourites songs or songs that you're into right now? [Please insert here]

-----------------

"Count to ten."

"Not helping."

"Breathe in and out."

"I'm going to kill her."

"Calming thoughts... Just relax..." Harvey urges, his hands gripping my shoulders tightly, in an attempt to keep me still.

"I am going to wrap my hands around her neck and strangle her," I hiss, my eyes narrowing into slits.

"No you're not," Harvey says gently. "You're going to take a deep breath, turn that frown upside down and continue to help organise."

"I hate you sometimes."

"No you don't," he grins.

I let out a deep exhale, rubbing my hands over my face.

This carnival is a nightmare. The fact that I have to work with the Devil-spawn, Mia, made it that much worse.

"More to the left. More to the left. More to the left," she continued to repeat, her whiny, nasally voice making my skin crawl.

I sent daggers in her direction and Harvey chuckles.

"Just relax," he says, rubbing my back.

She must have forgotten the part where we're meant to do this "together". She has completely taken charge and looks ridiculous doing it. She arrived wearing a skimpy, strapless top that left little to the imagination, a cap that said "Daddy's Girl" and a whistle. Literally, a whistle.

"Those lights aren't hung up how I like it," she sneers as she walks by me. "Rearrange them. Now."

I lung after her and Harvey wraps his fingers around my arm and pulls me back.

"Let's take a break?" he suggests.

"Let's," I agree, gritting my teeth.

"Go sit down, I'll get us some food."

"Food sounds good," I mumble, walking over to one of the tables.

I sit heavily with a sigh and rub my face again. I started out energetic and an attempted positive attitude. My resolve faded pretty damn quickly.

"Looks like you're having just as much fun as me," a voice comments.

I drag my eyes up from the table. Hayden stands beside the table, sweat glistening across his forehead as he sets down a large box.

"I'm going to rip her hair out."

A ghost of a smile dances on his lips and I blink at him. Wait, am I having a civilised conversation with Hayden Cameron? Someone pinch me because surely, this isn't real.