16: Expect

Henry's parents watched as the two of you pulled out the carport and into the street. They waved at the two of you until they couldn't see you anymore.

"You think he'll realize?" Valka asked her husband.

Stoick chuckled, "Nope."

~.~.~

The ride was what you can only explain in one word.

Awkward.

You were looking out the window of the passenger seat but you could still see Henry in the corner of your eye shifting in his seat while he drove, and Toothless was in the next row enjoying the wind out the window. You knew the both of you wanted to say something, but with so much that has happened, you didn't know where to start.

"So," you dragged, "Mayor's son, huh?"

"Yep," he said quickly, "Ambassador's daughter?"

"Yep."

Like it wasn't clear enough.

You say in silence again. The only noise was from the car's engine. Not even the radio was on to put a little more noise to the awkward silence.

Did it already mention how awkward it was?

In what felt like forever, the two of you finally pulled up to your apartment complex. When the two of you closed the door to Henry's mother's car (and getting Toothless out of the back), he finally spoke.

"You know, it all makes sense now."

You rose an eyebrow to him. "What does?" you asked. You three climbed the steps to your door and pulled out your keys to unlock the door.

"Why you wanted to run away all of a sudden," he answered as he followed you in the building. It was rather dim so you flicked on the lights to the main room. You saw Toothless go to rest on the rug of the main room.

You hummed, "It was more of a get-the-hell-out-before-my-father's-men-finds-me rush I was in, but you know the end of that story."

He nodded. "So, where do we start off?"

You pondered on what he could work on without having to go too deep in your personal stuff. "How about packing what's in my closet?" You lead Henry to your room.

He followed you in hesitation. He almost looked afraid to go near your closet like there was a dead body in there.

You giggled at his suspicious look. "Don't worry, I was sure to get rid of the monster in there for you."

He gave you a sharp glare. "Ha ha," he remarked sarcastically, "I'm serious though. Are you sure you want me to dig through your closet?"

You couldn't help it. "Don't worry, there's only a few bones in there." You took the chance.

He rolled his eyes in response and opened the doors to your closet. He was met with a surprise when he only found a few pairs of jeans and a handful of tops.

"Is this it?" he wondered out loud.

You were quickly packing a duffel bag with your personal stuff that was in your draws. You temporarily closed the bag from Henry looking at your underwear when he turned around.

You shrugged, "There is also the jackets in the entry closet. You can do those when you're done in there."

He was skeptical but shrugged it off. He was surprised with little clothing you had. Then again, you probably started from scratch. He started to pack your clothes as neatly as possible into a suit case.

It was silent but this time a comfortable silence. You were deep in thought. You felt guilt the deeper you went threw your thoughts.

"Henry," you called out softly. You were afraid he didn't hear you until he hummed in acknowledgeable. "I'm sorry for lying to you."

"It's alright," he chuckled, "If anything, I should be apologizing for getting too personal with you...but I couldn't help it."

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"Well," he paused what he was doing for a moment to rub the back of his neck, "I really wanted to help you. You looked really troubled."

You didn't even respond back. You didn't know how to. You looked away in thought. Henry approached you quietly. You didn't know he was there until he moved your head towards him with a gentle hand. You looked into his bright green eyes as he stared into yours.

"You aren't alone like in your home anymore, [Name]," he reassured.

You smiled slightly, "Thank you, Henry."

Then, an amazing thing happen. He started leaning in while he whispered, "You're welcome." The both of you could feel each other's breaths mingle and fan across your face. Henry was well aware of what he was doing when he continued to lean in further. "[Name]," he breathed. If it wasn't for the proximity, you wouldn't hear it at all. You leaned in as well when you heard him. Your lips met gently. Your eyes were closed but you could feel his hands hold your head gently while your crawled up to the nape of his neck.

Word Count: 827

Status: Unedited