Trust

*Picture of Dani*

Last night may have easily been the worst night of my life. As I wrap the bed's thin white sheets tightly around my body, his words continue to swirl round my head "you know what you are" ... those words were the reason I threw up as soon as I got home. I press my fists against my eyelids, trying to reverse the images that torture my brain but they stay as if they've been stuck with superglue.

*10 hours earlier*

I freeze halfway down the front door steps as I take in the horror before me. I can hardly believe it. He's joking right. What the fuck! It takes Cara an extra moment to notice but she freezes as soon as she does.

"Oh my God ..." She trails off. Yeah my thoughts exactly.

However, her actions do not mirror mine at all. It's like something possesses her and she storms down the steps, heading straight towards her brother. Nicki glances at her and even her thick skull realises that she's in shit as she springs away from him. From Eli.

"What the -?" Eli gasps in confusion as Cara whacks him across the back of his head. He turns to look at her in surprise, his face is lost in confusion and he opens his mouth to yell at her when his eyes catch mine.

"Oh shit," Josh whispers next to me as we wait for the explosion.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Cara yells "Dani was just in there ending things with Alex for you and she was fucking traumatised enough without having to come outside and see you with this tramp."

"Hey! Who the fuck do you think you're talking about," Nicki challenges, squaring up to Cara. Bad idea.

"Do not push me bitch," she says giving her a glare that could easily stop someone's heart just out of pure fear.

"Oh yeah and why not," she challenges again stepping towards Cara in attempted intimidation.

"Because otherwise the next Red Sea everyone's gonna be talking about will be the one coming from your nose."

I see a flicker of shock flash through Nicki's eyes that admit defeat. I carry on standing helplessly and as still as a statue, trying to process the last few events of tonight.

"Dani ..." Eli starts, his eyes have a look of devastation. "I swear to God, it isn't what it looks like, I went to kiss her cheek and then -"

"Oh go fuck yourself Eli!" I spit out suddenly and Cara turns from her potential cat-fight to me in surprise.

"Josh, do you mind giving us a lift home?" I ask, begging him with my eyes, trying to hold back the tears and ignore Eli's pleas.

"Yeah ... of course," he says softly, looking extremely out of depth "Cara you coming?"

"... Yeah," she finally answers before turning back to Eli "make sure that you get her home before sunlight, incase she melts." With that, she struts off in our direction and wraps her arm around me.

"Dani, what's happened?" Eli comes running up behind us, his face overcome with concern. He can read me like a book, he knows something has happened.

"As if you care -"

"Of course I do," he says desperately, ignoring everyone else around us "of course I care, you need to let me explain! Do you think if I was going to kiss her I'd do it right in fro -"