Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Brandon kissed me! I breathed in, I was about to pull back when my eyes slowly closed and I gave in, I moaned and leaned against him, my hands on his chest, his on my neck. I could feel him smile against my lips, I started to smile too. Enjoying myself... a bit too much. Then my brain started to work…

This was Brandon. BRANDON! Admittedly, I had liked him before, and lately I was feeling confused about our relationship and what we really meant to each other, but this was weird, I didn't have time to think, to properly react, but I knew I had to stop this! I tried to back away but I was up against the wall. I turned my head, but he took it the wrong way and kissed my neck, I was starting to hyperventalate, trying not to give in again. I knew I couldn't push him away. I ducked down and dove under his arm. I stumbled backwards and fell to the ground, I cursed and my head spun. He looked at me like a fox chasing a bunny, a small grin on his face. In other circumstances it would have been cute. I crawled backwards. 

   ‘Brandon? Brandon! Stop, snap out of it, please, you’re scaring me!’ he seemed surprised, he stepped back, he took me in, sprawled on the floor, red in the face, gasping, my hair... I had a bed-head. Just like he always called me. His hard, amused stare softened.

   ‘Amelie, can’t you see how much I like you! I’ve liked you for years and now you know! Please don’t…’ he began, but he must have seen that I was so shocked and taken aback he had to stop. I scrambled to my feet, awkwardly

   ‘You did? I’m so sorry, Brandon but. . . I'm so con-’ why was he throwing this at me now, my head was slow and sore and my hair was crusted with blood.

   ‘Amelie, you’re stuck with me! You have to  marry me anyway!’ he pointed out with a growl, I must have looked so guilty and pathetic. I considered this. He had a point and Alex could have been right. I did like him… Did I? He was really sweet... when he wanted to be, and he was always there for me. ‘You know what...? never mind!’ he said and stormed out and slammed the door. I put my head in my hands and slumped against my bed and started to cry. Alex came back into the room, texting, with a glass of water in her other hand. My looked up and did a double take.

   ‘Hey, Where did Brandon go?... Amelie! What’s wrong?!’ she asked patting my back

     I explained, awkwardly, barely glancing at her until I was done. It looked like she was expecting popcorn and 3D glasses, her eyes wide and expectant. She didn't mumble a word until I was done. When I was she stood and ran her hand through her hair, a grin spreading on her face. She jumped and turned to me, she was breathing quickly and fanning herself and was starting to laugh.

   ‘Oh my God!’ she exclaimed ‘You do like him... and... and... he likes you! It’s a doomed relationship! How romantic!’ she exclaimed, sounding really out of character. I shook my head as I was trying to tie my hair back, my chest was rising quickly, my face was flushing.

   ‘Alex, can you call him? He wont answer when I call and if I put it on private he knows it’s me’ she nodded

   ‘Of course, Amelie. Look, you need to calm down... just, relax! Okay?’ I nodded obediantly, able to breath again. I called out his number and she dialled it

   ‘Put it on speaker?’ I asked and stood, trying desperately to get closer to the phone, she nodded

   ‘Hello?’ Brandon barked into the phone.

   ‘Hey, it’s Alex... Don’t hang up, shut up and listen!’

   ‘No! Alex! Tell her not to bother! Tell her not to feel bad for me, I'll get over it quickly, not much of a loss for me. Oh! And tell her I’ll see her at the church in ten years! She’ll know what I mean!... What the hell... do I hear crying?’ he asked, I gasped and tried my best to stop whimpering.