Chapter: 10 (Unedited)

"Please, don't you begin the typical drama of telling me not to see my best friend because it hurts your male ego." She said it as soon as he closed the door.

Dave blinked at her,"I wasn't even thinking about that."

Oh.

Natalie looked away,"Then what was that 'remember me' about, eh?"

Dave shrugged,"I called you 5-6 times today but you didn't attend."

Natalie took out her cellphone from her clutch. She had missed 7 calls in the last hour.

"I'm sorry. We were at the fireball club and I had forgotten my clutch in the car."

"It's alright, honey. I just missed you today. I wanted to hear your voice."

Natalie raised her brows,"Woah, what has gotten into you?"

"Nothing, why?" He looked at her innocently and walked toward her, slowly.

Natalie eyed him suspiciously and slowly backed away.

"Uhh.... I don't know. You are acting a little weird today."

Dave smiled at her,"I'm being romantic, Talley."

Telly communication. A voice muttered in her head, almost making her laugh. She controlled it because she knew Dave wouldn't like it.

Natalie rolled her eyes instead,"Well, you killed the moment by calling me that."

He stopped short,"You've never had a problem with that before."

Natalie shrugged and turned away to go to the kitchen,"I never really noticed. Anyway, coffee, tea or juice?"

He just kept staring at her with an unreadable expression.

"Dave?"

"No, thanks. I have to get home."

Natalie nodded,"Of course."

"But I need to say something."

"Yeah?"

He opened his mouth, closed it, shook his head and smiled at her,"Good night."

Natalie smiled back,"Good night."

He waved at her and left her there without even hugging her.

She stood there for some time then turned to find her mom near the kitchen door.

"Hey, mom." She kissed Labana's cheek.

"Hey sweety, everything fine with him?" Labana nodded at the door.

Natalie turned her head to look at the door then nodded,"Yes, everything is just that. Fine. With him."

Labana chuckled,"What about Dave?"

Natalie furrowed her brows,"I just answered you."

"I was asking about Carmine before, darling."

All of a sudden, Natalie's face lit up and a smile tugged at her lips. Labana did notice the transformation.

"Oh Carmine? You were asking about him? He is awesome. You should have seen him today, mom. It was hard for me to stop laughing. And his dancing. Oh mommy, you have no idea about his moves. He dances so well. How come I never knew that?"

Natalie's mom just shook her head," Honey, I just hope you know what you're doing."

"What do you mean?" She looked at her mother, still grinning.

Labana sighed,"Nothing. Go to your room. You must be tired."

"Okay."

She entered her room and kicked her heels away. She stood in front of the mirror, grinned at it then twirled around the room while humming.