The fundraiser

They arrived at the venue, and the photographers were all out. They took photos of everyone leaving their limos. It was just like a premier movie, where all the stars arrived and walked up the red carpet. She followed her group to their table and sat down in front of her nametag. Champagne was offered, and she took some.

"You look amazing, Julia. I see that Stacey hasn't lost her touch." Paul Said.

"I had a great project to start with. The clothes just high-lighted Julia's inner beauty." Stacey commented, and Julia smiled. She did feel very special tonight. As she turned, she noticed Harrison and what Stacey said about him was true. He looked genuinely gorgeous in a black Armani suit with a black dress shirt. He was making his way to their table; however, a lot of people were delaying him to say hello. His eyes connected with Julia's for a moment. He smiled, and the smile reached all the way up to his eyes. He seemed impressed with the makeover.

"Good evening everyone." He said as he took his place next to Julia eyes roaming over her entire body. Never had a look made her feel so naked!

HARRISON found it a struggle to concentrate on the people at the table he was distracted by Julia. She looked terrific in that dress; Stacey had done an excellent job of outfitting her. Noticing how she blushed slightly, as he was smiling at her, he thought to himself this adventure might not be as painful as his first thought. The official part of the night had begun, and Julia turned to listen to the speaker, he observed the dress had a very low back and was stunned, he found it very difficult to take his eyes of her neck. Her hair had been swept up on top of her head, and she had an occasionally loose strand that seemed to be teasing him. The evening went on, and the table they were sitting at was an enjoyable crowd. There was Kate to his right then Stacey and Paul, Sarah and James and a friend of theirs Wade, then Julia on his left. Everyone seemed to be having a great evening. Dinner was served, and he smiled a little as Julia finished everything on her plate. He never had a date that had done that before, they usually just pushed the food around the plate and ate the occasional lettuce leaf.

"Enjoy that did you, Julia?" He asked with a sparkle of humour in his eyes.

"It was great, did you enjoy the chicken?"

"I did thank you. Stacey did a great job with your outfit, do you like it?" He asked eyeing her dress again.

"Yes, it's beautiful. It was more than I was expecting to purchase. I was worried we may have gone overboard." He smiled she ate everything on her plate and worried when she spent too much of his money. That indeed wasn't the usual concerns of his dates.

"It's all taken care of. Don't worry."

AFTER desert they got up and looked at the paintings and other items up for auction. Harrison helped her from her chair and guided her with his hand in the small of her back making her feel as she had been hit with an electric volt. Right through her body, every cell became alive with his touch. How could one man do that? How did a man she barely knew create that kind of reaction within her?

"These paintings have been donated by up and coming artist, and there are a few well-known artists as well. You see depending who bids on them and how much they go for creates business for the artist. So you can be a no one but if your piece sells well people will start asking to see your work. It's perfect because it doesn't just raise funds for the orphanage it helps the artists as well. Do you see anything you like?"

"This is beautiful." She was pointing to a landscape picture of the beach. "It reminds me of home. The beautiful white sandy beaches." She missed her home already however it had been lonely there ever since her father died two years ago.

"The bidding is about to start, shall we take our seats?" He guided her back to the table. As she sat down, someone caught Harrison's attention, and he excused himself.

"So Julia did you see anything you liked in the display?" Wade asked from the other side of her.

"Yes, I love the beach landscape from Jacque Wilston. It captured a lot of my home in that one picture." She smiled at him.

"Landscapes are my favourite too. I saw the one you were speaking of it is breathtaking. Much like yourself Julia. I believe you have only just moved here from Australia. It must be lonely for you?"

Julia was shocked by the comment that she was breathtaking. No one had ever told her she was breathtaking before. They said Julia was sweet but never breathtaking. She could feel her cheeks heating up. Harrison was looking over at her as well. He had a strange look on his face. He smiled and nodded at her, but it was a weak smile not like the one he had given her when he had arrived.

"Yes, it can be very lonely. However I know Kate, she and I have been long-time friends and everyone at work is helping me fit it very well."

"Well Julia, I would love to show you some of the sites and take you out to some great restaurants if you would allow me?" Julia was dumbstruck! What could she say? Julia wasn't actually on a date with Harrison right now but knew his intention, and had signed the contract there was to be no other romantic involvement with other males. Julia had never had this kind of attention before she didn't know how to react.

"Am I being too forward? I'm sorry I've shocked you. Look take my card and if you change your mind be sure to give me a call." He wrote his home number on the back of his business card and handed it to her. She thanked him and looked around. Harrison was still talking with the lady that had stopped him before. She placed the card into her handbag.

*** Enjoying the story head to https://www.dreame.com/novel/1970382.html to read the completed story***