Part 2: Can't Help Falling In Love With The Hot NERD

Part 2: Can't Help Falling In Love With The Hot Nerd  

   We walked in silence.  

   She dragged me all the way to the 1st floor staircase until she began to speak.

   "Dude! You are HEAVY!"she carefully dropped me on the bottom of the staircase and heaved for air. "Have you ever thought of dieting? God!"

   I looked at her as I sat up, carefully maneuvering my flesh-scraped leg. "Well SORRY! When I came to this school, I hadn't thought I would need to be skinny and slim!" Yeah, I was angry now. I'm sitting here, injured, fantasizing about her, and she's just insulting me?!

   I'm not gonna' sit here and be insulted! NO!

   While she crouched, gasping for breath, I slowly lifted myself up and began to limp down the hall.

   "Where are you going?" she called down the hall and she began to follow.

   "I'm going to the nurse's office." I called back and tried to pick up speed. My leg was burning and felt like it was full of led.

   "Hey! Wait for me!" she shouted as I put space between us.

   "I don't need a noisy escort," I simply said. "You can go back now, your boyfriend's waiting."

   "Boyfriend? Who? You mean Alex?!"she shouted down the long hallway. "HA HA HA! Oh man! You crack me up! I would never go out with such a violent jock like him!"

   "Whatever, I don't care, just leave me alone!" I said, restraining myself from throwing something at her for laughing at me. It kind of surprised me, I normally wasn't this violent.

   "No! I'm supposed to bring you to the nurse so that's what I'll do!"she finally caught her breath and started running toward me with her high heeled shoes in her hand. She lifted me up and hustled me through a windowed door.

   "Ms. Mariam, the new kid got hurt!" she shouted and pushed me onto a cushioned bed at the side of the long room.

   "Coming, Deary!" yelled a woman from the other room.

   As Yasmin went into a separate closet to find the nurse, I looked around. The school's nurse's office reminded me of the nurse's office from the Harry Potter movies. There were numerous unlabeled jars of suspicious liquids, no windows, more than 20 beds set across each other on both sides of the room, and there was also 3 doors branched at the farthest wall.

   Yasmin entered the room with a pretty brunet. Was this girl a student here? She looked so young!

   "Derick, this is Ms. Mariam, Ms. Mariam, this is Derick. He got hurt by Alex, his leg looks gross so I brought him here." Yasmin smiled at the other lady.

   "Hello, Derick, I'll just fix you up!"Ms. Mariam looked to the shelf of jars and began searching for medicine. "Yasmin You can go on back to class now."

   "Oh, Mrs. Springham said I had to stay with him." Yasmin said guiltlessly.

   Why was she lying? Mrs. Springham had never even told her to bring me here! In fact, Mrs. Springham hadn't even been conscious when I got injured! What was this girl's deal? Was she a stalker or something? I guess I'll have to get my bodyguards to deal with her if she tries to pull something on me.

   I laid my head comfortably on the pillow as Ms. Mariam wiped the blood of my aching leg.

   After getting my leg bandaged and taken care of, I finally looked up at Yasmin who was staring at me weirdly, as if I was a fascinating T.V show.

   "What are you looking at Blondie?" I said nodding my head at her.

   "Hmm?" she asked as if she had been snapped out of a trance. "Nothing...What are you looking at?!"

   I could tell she was trying to come up with some type of witty comeback. And I saved her the trouble.

   "Look, you don't have to lie to the nurse just to get out of class." I was tired of her nagging presence.

   "Shh!" she looked around for Ms. Mariam but she was in the bathroom.

   "Seriously, using me as an excuse for some free time? Psh!" I looked at her. I couldn't believe that such an angelic-looking girl could be that devious.

   "I was not trying to get out of clas-"she began.

   "Oh please, I'll save you the trouble."  

   "No, I-"

   "You can go now, you were never needed," I kept cutting her off. She didn't need to make anymore excuses, it was just us two in the room.

   "Liste-"she was getting louder and louder.

   "I can get to my room by myse-"

   "I lied so we could be alone!" she shouted. Her shrill voice echoed in the long room.

   At that moment, Ms. Mariam had stepped out of the bathroom and had walked in on our noisy conversation.

   Ms. Mariam raised her eyebrows as her eyes darted from me to Yasmin.

   'For us to be alone?' What did that mean?

   There was complete silence for about 15 seconds,

   "I-I'll be lea-leaving now..." Yasmin hurriedly said. She got up and ran like a bat out of a cave.

   The nurse stared at me for a few seconds until turning around and arranging the liquid-filled jars like nothing had happened. She sighed, "Ah, teenage drama..." and she started to whistle to the tune of Every time we touch by Cascada (an old song...).

   "Your still here?" she glanced at me. "You can go to your dorm now. I'll excuse you from the rest of your morning classes since your injured."

   I got up hastily and left.

   I entered an empty dorm filled with other peoples stuff and my luggage. I didn't feel like unpacking so I tiredly fell on my bed.

   What was with this girl....Yasmin....

   "Yasmin," I said. I liked how her name rolled off my tongue.

   'For us to be alone.....' I kept replaying the awkward yet mysterious scene in my head. What was up with this girl...She's so different from all the other ones.....This will be an interesting year....

   I kept repeating her words in my head until I fell into a deep sleep.

   That night I dreamed about a blonde angel.

^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^

So anyway, I want lots of people to read my stories so if you like this, please comment and tell/message your friends about it!!!

I hope my plot wasn't too cheesy.....

Anyway, I got my inspiration of this story from an Asian drama called: HI, My Sweetheart!

It's too beautiful, you HAVE to check it out! For people who don't understand Taiwanese, you can watch it with subtitles on veoh and youtube.

<3