XXIV

NICK walked into Katherine's room and found her walking in and out of her closet,coming out with clothes and putting them in a suitcase.
"What are you doing?" He asked as he set the tray of food on the bedside table.
"Morning to you Nick. What does it look like I'm doing?"
"I'm guessing you are going to tell me."
"I'm packing." She answered and walked back into the closet.
"Why!" Shouted Nick so she could hear him.
Katherine walked out of the closet with a pile of clothes and answered, as she packed the clothes
"Because I'm leaving."
"What? Why?" Nick asked. He held her wrist and stopped her from walking back to the closet.
"Because I realised that I don't mean anything to Christian. Last night he showed me how little he cares about me and how untrustworthy he is." Katherine explained
"Are you leaving for good?"
"I don't know."
"Where are you going?"
"Back to my penthouse. I'll send you the address."
"Are you sure you want to leave?"
"Yeah. I'm defiantly sure."
"I brought you breakfast since you didn't make it to breakfast. I'll leave you to the packing. Make sure to eat." Nick said with a smile and left the room after Katherine thanked him.

KATHERINE had just locked her office, which was a hard job considering the amount of objects from her office she held, when she heard Christian's office door open and she saw him stepping out of his.
"Katherine can I please talk to you?" He asked calmly.
"No." She answered
"Katherine please." He plead
"Fine."
Christian, much to Katherine's hesitation, took the things she was holding and stepped aside to let her walk in first.
"Take a seat." Said Christian as he sat behind his desk after setting Katherine's things on his mahogany desk.
"I rather stand. What do you want?"
"I heard you are leaving." Christian stated
"Yes."
"Why?"
"Why?" Katherine asks with a laugh. "Really Christian. Why? Don't you have that crooked nose to remind you of why I'm leaving?"
"That still doesn't give me a clear explanation for your departure Katherine." He replied
"Fine. I'll break it down for you. I'm leaving because last night you showed me how much I mean to you. How worthless I am in your eyes. You showed me that you couldn't keep your promises. Christian you showed me that I will never mean anything more than the wives. And after last night I have had enough. Goodbye Christian" Katherine said and started taking her things from the desk.
"There goes Katherine. Always leaving when things don't suit her. Always the coward. Never staying to face things." Christian declared while clapping and Katherine stopped what she was doing.
"I always leave huh?" She asked
"Every single time. After we had sex the first time you left and last night you left. Because of the coward you are. Never willing to stay."
"The last time I stayed I was almost raped, kidnapped and sent to a brothel. The last time I stayed I was kidnapped and tortured. The last time I stayed I was kidnapped once again and actually raped. The last time I stayed I fell in love with a man who played me. The last time I stayed you fucked me over. So excuse me for wanting to put myself first by leaving Christian."
Katherine put the things she was carrying in a neat pile, picked the pile up and walked to the door.
"You knew what you were getting into when you gave us a chance Katherine." Christian said as he stood up ignoring the itching need to ask her about what she had just said.
"I didn't know I was getting myself in for heartbreak and for my feeling to be messed with." Katherine replied with her back to him.
She struggled to twist the door knob with the pile. Katherine felt Christian's hard chest on her back as he enclosed his large hand with hers on the door knob.
"Katherine." He breathed on her neck as he held he hand firmly on the door knob.
"I'm so done with not being your number one Christian." Stated Katherine.
She twisted the door knob, much to Christian's refusal, opened the door and pulled her hand from the door knob. Katherine turned around and looked at Christian for the last time. She gave him a small smile, turned around and walked away.

KATHERINE rolled her suitcase down the stairs with Nick following her with her other suitcase and her bag. She passed the lounge where the wives were sitting with stupid grins on their faces as they saw her leaving. Katherine ignored them and walked to her car. After loading the suitcase and work items in  her car, Katherine followed Nick back into the house. Still ignoring the wives, Katherine went to the girls' room and said goodbye to them and assured them that she wasn't leaving for forever.
"Bye for now Kitty Kat." Nick said as he gave her a tight hug.
"Bye Nicky. Make sure to visit me. " Katherine replied after pulling away from the hug.
"I will." Nick said and gave her a kiss on her forehead.
Katherine walked back to the lounge and bumped into Laura.
"Bye Laura." She said after giving her a hug.
"Bye dear. You were good for him. Even if you both couldn't see it."
"The wives are also good for him."
"They are but you dear, were special. I hope you can talk it out so you can come back."
"All we do is argue. I honestly doubt we can talk it out."
"Give it time dear. Goodbye." Laura said, gave her a smile and walked away.
"You are finally leaving. Thank the heavens. Don't you think so    Sophia?" Asked Ellie with a laugh
"It's a blessing. And to think I was about to call the  exterminator to get rid of the pest." Sophia replied with a laugh.
Katherine stepped closer to Sophia.
"Sophia if you knew how appealing hurting you is right now you would shut up. I would really enjoy breaking every single one of your bones. And assembling them in ways one never though was possible.Yours included too Ellie. But I just had my nails done and I wouldn't want them ruined by trash. Speak to me like that again and I will not be so nice." Threatened Katherine.
When she saw the wives' smiles drop she gave them a smile of her own and walked away.

WHILE treading to her car, Katherine paused when she felt a burning gaze on her back. She turned around and looked at the house. Her gaze landed on a window upstairs. There Christian was,standing at the window looking at her. Katherine was about to smile when she saw Sophia place her head on his shoulder, snake her arms around his waist and gave Katherine a sly smile. Katherine turned around and went to her car. She couldn't stay. She wouldn't allow herself to stay. Because if she stayed, she would fall for him and she wasn't sure if he would catch her. His hands were full with two wives any way.
×

An update as promised.

Guess who's birthday it is today? This girl *points at self* Yes it's my birthday everybody.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!🎉🎂🎊

So Kat finally left!

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share
And have a fuckin awesome day ( I know I will)
Imperial_Nightmare