Happy Christmas

Começar do início

"Alright," Beca agreed, sitting up in bed. "Who am I meeting?"

"My aunt Val and my uncle Jim, my cousins Toby, Elise, and Andrea. They're on my dad's side. On my mom's side we have my aunt Kim, my uncle Frank, my cousins Dani and Callie. My aunt Jen and my cousin Allie, And then my grandparents Diane and Richard."

"Okay," Beca said as she walked downstairs behind Chloe.

They went into the living room and pretty soon Chloe's family started to arrive. "Grandma!" Chloe said excitedly as she stood up to hug her grandmother. "Grandma this is Beca. Beca, this is my grandma Diane."

"Hi," Beca said shyly. She stood up and the woman gave her a hug.

"Hi honey, it's so nice to meet you," Diane said. "How long have you two been together?"

"Oh, we're not...dating...Beca's my best friend," Chloe said with an awkward laugh.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry girls," Diane said with a laugh. "Chloe, where are the kids?"

"In the basement," she replied. After her grandma left the room, she sat down on the couch and laughed. "Do we really look that coupley?"

"How many times has that happened though?" Beca asked with a laugh. "Remember when the neighbors asked us if we were going to the pride parade?"

"We must really look like a couple," Chloe replied. She honestly didn't mind, In fact, she liked when people thought they were a couple.

"It's not like I mind," Beca winked.

Chloe laughed and so did Beca, but they could both realize the chemistry between them, and it for some reason made Chloe really nervous. They were best friends and nothing more, why did she feel like there was something more?

**********

"How are you doing?" Chloe asked that night when Beca climbed into the bed they were sharing.

"Fine," Beca shrugged. She really wasn't in the mood to talk about her mom but there was no way of getting out of it with Chloe.

"Honestly?" Chloe asked gently, not wanting to make Beca upset.

"It's hard," Beca whispered. "This fucking sucks."

"Like Christmas here? Or-"

"You guys are amazing, it's just all overwhelming and scary. I feel so...broken." Beca sighed. "Every day, I wake up and go through the motions, trying to pretend to be doing better, to be getting over the loss, but I'm not. Nothing's helping me," she said, using all of her willpower not to cry in front of Chloe. "I have to be okay, I have to be...for you."

"You do not have to be okay for me," Chloe said promptly, wrapping her arms around Beca. "You're allowed to feel whatever you want around me and I promise to support you and help you."

"It's Christmas Eve, I'm supposed to be happy, but I'm not. I feel shattered, Chloe. It physically hurts me to try to smile and be happy."

"You don't need to be," Chloe said. "Trust me, if you're worried about my family worrying about you, they understand. We all know you're grieving, Bec, and we're more than okay with giving you some space." She paused for a minute, using her thumb to wipe Beca's tears. "Except me. I'm going to lay here and hold you while you cry until you feel better. You're my best friend; you're everything to me, and I want you to be happy. I understand that it's going to take time though."

"I miss her so much." Beca only said those 5 words before bursting into tears. "She was the only one there for me before you came into my life."

"More like your shower," Chloe said with a soft laugh. "I love you so much Beca."

"I love you too," Beca said quietly.

"I can't even explain my love for you, you're everything to me. I love you more than a best friend." Chloe stopped herself and let out an anxious side. Of course she would say that when she was finally getting Beca to open up to her. "Sorry."

"Don't be, I feel the same," Beca replied.

"Can I say something?" Chloe asked anxiously. This probably wasn't the best time, but with Beca being so vulnerable, maybe it was a good time.

Beca nodded.

"I'm in love with you." Chloe let out a sigh of relief and braced herself for the worst.

"Oh thank god," Beca said. "I'm in love with you too." She paused and took a shaky breath, trying to get the crying out of her system. "You've helped me through so much with my mom and I just feel like we're already a couple and I want to make it official. I was too afraid to ask."

"Yes," Chloe said with a yawn. "I would love to be your girlfriend."

Beca smiled, giving Chloe a quick kiss on the lips. "Good."

"Hey Bec? Try to get some sleep, okay? I know you've been crying most nights because of your mom but tonight I'm not going to leave your side at all. I'll be right here holding you all night long, I promise." She linked hands with Beca and pulled her closer.

"Okay," Beca agreed. "I'm exhausted."

"Me too. Merry Christmas, Beca."

"Merry Christmas, Chlo."