I thought I thought

In order for me to live in this house, I had to fix the zoo up. It was a very well functioning zoo until 4 years ago when the city zoo inspector shut them down. They had hope in me and my kids to help the zoo.
No one was getting paid. They used to have 3 time the staff they had now. They all quit. They lost hope and there faith faded. I had nothing else on my mind but to help these animals and people.

"I have a question for you!" Derek demanded.
"What's that?"
"What kind of person just buys a zoo without any animal knowledge. Especially someone who has kids. You could just be free. My homies, they call and text me. They're out there living there lives, sleeping with girls and clubbing. And I'm here shocking shit. Bear shit. I'm pathetic. I'm here everyday."
"So your question is?"
"Why would you buy a broken down zoo?"
........................
He looked at me like I had nothing to say.
"Why not?"
He looked at me in confusion.
"What?"
"Why not?"
He smiled and showed me the rest of the exhibits.

"Today was a good day, wasn't it guys?"
"Mom, it smells like something died here. There nothing here to do."
"Greyson!"
He left the table and slammed his bedroom door.
*sigh*
"I think you did the right thing mom."
"Sometimes I don't think I'm doing anything right."
"You did the right thing to bring him out here."
..........
"Mom, he loves you, he's just mad because non of his friends visit him here."
"Remember when daddy said nothing bad would happened?"
"Ya. How couldn't I? Those were is last words."
"I'm afraid something bad is going to happen."
"Nothing's going to happen."
"I though Greyson would be happy here. He puts so much into his drawing and art."
"Oh, he needs a new drawing book. He's almost done whit the ones he's got."
"Great. 18 miles for a drawing book for someone who doesn't appreciate his own mother."
"Mom, he loves you. You're doing everything right. You just have to have hope and faith."
"I'm afraid."
"What you need is sleep. It's been hard since daddy died."
"I know."
"Goodnight mom."
"Good night baby."

We only had a few months to prepare for the inspection. Money kept coming out of the bank. No money coming in.

Derek shows up.
"Hey."
"You looked stressed."
"Really."
"Ya. It probably non of my business, but it looks like your boy, Greyson really pushes your buttons."
"Ya, but he's gone through something no teenager should have to go through. I'm giving him a little leeway."
"I'm sorry about you husband. Edward? Is that right?"
"Ya. Ya it was really hard."
"Is there anything I could help you with?"
"Money for the cages and rickety post."
"Cages?"
"Ya."
"No, they haven't been called cages in like a century. My brief marriage, that's was a cage."
"Not mine."
"You must have really loved him."
"Ya. I thought if I moved out here, the memory of him would go away. It turns out he's here too."
"I'm sorry."
"Greyson is the spitting image of him. Even you look like him. Morgan acts like him. But you, you have his eyes."
"I have something to tell you."
"Hum?"
"You're incredibly pretty."
"Thanks!"
"And if I wanted to kiss you, you'd have no choice."
"Really?"
"I have this really big crush on you. I'm mean I know it's only been a few months, but I feel like I've known you for a really, really long time."
"I'll take that as a compliment."
*laugh*
"I can see it in Greyson's eyes though. The hate. The rage. He gets me so frustrated. He gets on my last nerve, but somehow, I gain another never so he can get in the nerve."
"It's been really hard on you."
"Tell me about it."
"I can't."
"I know. I just can't seem to get a grip on it."
He got up.
"I can. Get some sleep Chloe."
"You too."

I walk into the for and I see Greyson sitting on the stairs.
"Now I know why you hate me."
"Greyson!"
"No, now I know the reason why you hate me."
"Oh, I hate you?"
"Yes, you do!"
"What makes you think that?!"
"Oh that's bullshit. You know why. With that expression in my eyes. Admit it, you wish I wasn't here."
"Ok, Greyson, stop with the drama."
"Don't lie mom, you wish I wasn't here!"
"That's not true!"
"Than what is true?"
"This is a dream come true!"
"This is hell. This is your dream. You can't force a dream on someone else."
"Yes I can!"
"Why are you yelling?!"
"Because it's a pretty good dream. With some really cool animals and some pretty awesome people in it too. A line of people that who really, really, really care about you."
"That's what you think."
"Dammit it Greyson! Help me with your sister. Help me with the zoo. God dammit, help me!!"
"Dammit mom, help me! God dammit! Help me!"
"I don't know how! I thought you loved it here. I thought you liked Rena. I though! I thought! I thought!"
"Mom, it doesn't work like that!"
"It doesn't feel right."
"It never feels right mom."
"What am I supposed to do than Greyson? I forgot, it's always about you!"
"You never say you love me!"
He slammed his bedroom door right before I was going to say,
"Greyson, you know I love you!"

"Mom, please!"
"Morgan, I'm sorry. I don't mean to criticize you."
"I don't want you to yell. I don't want you to fight. I want a normal family."
"Morgan, it's not normal anymore!"
"I just want dad back!"
"I know. We all do."
"We need to help these people. If we don't, all these animals and them are gone."
"I'm trying!"
"I know you are."
"I love you."
"I love you too."