15. One Way Or Another

Draco's POV

Lips mangled with one another with much passion, which was all Draco wanted. The only way he pulled away from the other was to catch his breath, only a few inches apart from Harry.

"Harry..." he spoke very softly, but he knew very well that this was not in a different language, it wasn't in Parseltongue. Draco looked at Harry, a smile raising on his pink lips, knowing that this time it worked. He could talk again. "Harry! Y-you did it! I'm fixed!" Draco cheered happily, he bit his lip afterwords, wondering what to do now because these past few months he became very dependent on Harry.

This new feeling also appeared in his stomach. Merlin, he realized how close he was to Harry and he immediately tried to back away, but was found against a wall. He cleared his throat before speaking, "Thank you," he mumbled, trying to meet eye contact with the emerald eyes in front of him.

"You're welcome," Harry clearly replied with a faint hint of a glistening grin. "I guess you won't be needed me now, right?" He questioned with a sigh lifting off his chest, and Draco could've sworn that Harry was actually going to miss him by the reaction, but maybe he was just imagining it.

Draco nodded hesitatingly, "Yeah, I suppose–" he trailed off, coming to realization that he wouldn't be having the visions of Harry anymore. And the urge to be next to Harry was still resting inside him, but Draco figured that feeling would pass since the curse just was broken. "Thanks again," the blonde muttered quickly as he leant off the wall and passed Harry without looking at him once.

"Hey, don't leave just yet," he heard Harry say and a hand wrapped around his arm, suspending him from going anywhere else. He didn't struggle on getting away, he just looked down at his feet, not really sure what to say now.

"C'mon, stay with me." Harry insisted as his grip loosened against Draco's arm, eventually the warmth of the hand just disappeared. "After all this, I don't want you to go just yet. Does this make sense?" Harry asked wryly.

"Yes, Potter, it makes perfect sense," Draco said with a small chuckle, turning around to face the brunette. "I don't want to bother you anymore. I've wasted most of your year so far-" he was cut off.

"And it was probably the best year I've had so far, surprisingly. Well, not so surprising because nobody has tried to kill me yet," Harry grinned playfully, "And you're barbaric if you think I'm just letting you slip through my fingers."

"Then I must be barbaric."

Harry furrowed his brows together, stepping closer to him and Draco automatically gulped at the suddenness. "Harry, I must really be going..."

There was no response heard and Draco didn't dare speak up after that. The tension was killing him and he could tell that Harry felt it too. That goddamn feeling was still embedded inside of Draco's mind, of course he was still in denial. Because it couldn't be possible at all.

He couldn't fall in love with Harry Potter.

"Potter, I told you I don't want to bother you. I must've been quite annoying these past few months, and I'm... sorry?" He sighed out heavily. "So, please do us both a favor and leave this- this thing between us alone. You have friends and a life, I shouldn't interrupt it." Draco rambled, trying to make sense of his own words and they were still in the middle of the hallway, anyone could come at any moment and he just wanted to save the embarrassment of being caught with Harry Potter, but Harry seemed to not care... Gryffindors.

"You're lying," the words finally left Harry's mouth and the words caught Draco completely off guard. "You don't want to leave me. I can see it."

Draco began to stutter, trying to find a clear response to the statement Harry spoke, but nothing seemed to come out and he blushed out of failure and disappointment of himself. "Don't flatter yourself, Potter." He scoffed. He began walking away slowly, wanting to get out of the middle of the hallway and he wanted Harry to follow, which he did.

"Never said I was," Harry retorted. "Just admit it, Malfoy. You don't want to leave me. At least, not yet."

Draco crossed his arms over his chest as he walked, his head hung down low. "It doesn't matter. It's over now. We need to go our separate ways."

"Bullshit," Harry cursed while running a hand through his messy black hair. "Don't think this is over because it's no where near it."

Draco turned around to say something, but he was found to be alone. Harry just left him, for him to think over the words that had been said because he did want Harry. And slowly, all the self hate started to rebuild inside him again. Other students began to shuffle around him, but Draco was still caught in his daze. He fumbled with his tie nervously as he started to walk away again, pushing past the first years in the way. He had much to think about, but he was utterly exhausted, even though it was still morning. Too much happened all at once and Draco needed time to recollect himself.

His heart was thumping rapidly from stress and worry, and the thoughts of Harry again. As much as he tried to get the other boy out of his mind he couldn't seem too and it was just too frustrating because these feelings were not supposed to happen.

Although, something in Draco sparked. Like maybe, the feelings were always there, but the curse only made him see it clearly. He shook his head, not believing his own thoughts because the were simply outrageous to think. He just needed time. A lot of time, and he needed to stay away from Harry. If that was even possible because there was no more denial in it. He hated the idea of love, but when it was with Harry it felt more right and natural, which was clearly his problem.

(AN: Short, I know. Anyways, smut scene? Yes or no?)