Introducing Innocence

Start from the beginning

“He’ll sleep with me.” Said Harry, “We’re used to sharing a bed, and it’s probably better that way…” out of the corner of my eye, I saw Zach huddling into Harry’s side and nodded slowly. It would probably take a while for Zack to trust us, and he wasn’t used to so many people anyways. He would need Harry to take care of him.

“What’s the diagnosis?” I asked, “And I’m not asking you because I’m nosy, I’m asking you because I know you won’t take your potions if we don’t tell you to.”

   Harry snorted, but it wasn’t in disagreance, “Fine.” He said, “Madam Pomfrey let me take a copy of the diagnoses scroll… she said I probably set a school record, and said if I ever hid an injury from her again, she’d feed me to a bunch of flesh-eating slugs.” With that said, he passed me the scroll, which looked to be about four feet long. I skipped past the previous injuries, and focused on the current ones.

Medical examination- Current injuries of Harry James Potter

7 broken bones in left hand

Broken ankle

Bruises and serious laserations

Tissue damage

Infections in welt on back and legs

Stomach Ulcer

Serious Concussion

Damage to Esophagus

“Holy mother fucking shit!” I croaked out, causing Harry to glare at me, and cover Zacharias’ ears.

“Shut up!” he hissed, “Zach’s is even worse than mine, so just try to act normal.”

Just as Harry released Zach’s ears, there was a shriek from the corner. It looked like Crabbe had thrown something at Draco’s rack of scarves, and scattered them all over the place, causing Draco to have a panic attack, and bury himself in a pile of cashmere in the corner whilst shrieking incessantly.

  I saw Harry looking at him with worry in his eyes, and I snickered at him, “Draco and Harry sitting in a tree…” he nudged me in the ribs, and picked Zach up to place him on his hip, before walking over to Draco.

“It’s okay Draco,” said Harry exasperatedly “Come out from under your clothes, and you can meet Zach.”

“Cashmere!!!” he shrieked, “CA-SHU-MERE”

“I understand Draco, your cashmere is very pretty, now come meet Zach, and after that you can organise your scarves.”

   Draco looked at him suspiciously, but crawled out from under his mountain of sweaters, and looked at Zach, “Hello Zach,” he said reaching out his hand, “My name is Draco.” Zach giggled, and tentatively stuck out his hand as well. Draco gently shook it, and Zach looked up at Harry for approval. Harry smiled at him, and nodded encouragingly.

“It’s nice to meet you to.” Said the boy in a quiet but clear voice. I could see the pride in his voice, and it amused me that he was so proud over a simple act. I guess he’d never gotten a chance to practice manners though.

The boy swivelled around on Harry’s hips, and looked around at everybody else. Goyle, who was doing chin-ups on the doorway leading to our bathroom dropped down suddenly, and walked over to him, Zach buried his head in Harry’s shirt. He seemed to be extremely scared of Goyle, not that it was surprising, he was extremely large.

   Goyle walked over and to my surprise, he kneeled down beside Harry, and faced Zachary, reaching to the ground, he picked up a scarf off the floor, and to Draco’s terror, he transfigured it into a soft teddy bear.