⊰25⊱

🌹    

9:00PM.

Right on the dot, I find myself walking down the familiar corridor, treading on the polished marble flooring toward the door leading out to the back of Aohdan's estate. Sadly, Rochelle was reprimanded for even speaking to me when we left the female personal slaves' quarters. Apparently, there is something going on that even I can't quite figure out. I thought Aohdan's game of trying to get other slaves to isolate me was over.

Wrong.

The 'relaxation' in the pool room was the only exception.

Warren?

I haven't seen nor heard a word about him since Cormac was finished with me the night prior. Instead, I am the last in line as Cassidy, Desiree, and Rochelle lead us toward our destination. Nearing the door, Cassidy opens in quietly and is the first to step out into the chilly night air.

It isn't as cold for me as it is for the other selections.

The reason being, Arthur noted to all of the selections that we are allowed to choose what we wear for tonight and none of the other council members could say a single word about it.

When I exit through the door, my eyes immediately search the back area of the estate and fall on the meeting circle near the patio. My muscles tense when my gaze meets with Aohdan's. He's not happy...especially after I approached him with my attire request.

Well, according to Arthur, it isn't a request...it's a demand we were given and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I thought about how Aohdan kept my bike and then my mind instantly thought about everything else he could have possibly kept. My assumption was correct, asking him for the one thing that made me feel like me...

...my riding boots are a much heavier sound then the regular boots the other selections are wearing, my Alpinestars Vika leather pants shield me from that bitter cold setting in. The dark shirt underneath my Spidi Summer Net jacket hugs me tightly, clenching my leather gloved hands into fists, noticing that they were fingerless gloves this time as he had thrown away my old ones...all near the edge of the patio area. My clothes had been completely repaired, again raising the question of why he kept all of my things.

If I'm going to die, it's going to be in the clothes of a vagrant...I'll die being what I am.

When I glance to the other girls, their jeans and light jackets hardly protect them from the elements, the clouds threatening to cover the moonlight with the prospect of rain.

Our boots crunch on the last of the dry fallen leaves from autumn, many of the trees expanding out and creating the vast forest have maybe less than half of their remaining leaves. It is very quiet, proceeding with their instructions, we line ourselves up just outside of the circle marked with runes, the five prominent ones resting in front of Arthur, Taft, Cormac, and Aohdan.

The fifth one is vacant.

What seems like forever, I'm sure only ten or fifteen minutes has passed by before Aohdan lets out an exasperated sigh, "Where is he?"

He asks this to no one in particular, but Arthur's cerulean eyes negate away from our line up and turn toward Aohdan before stating, "He'll be here shortly."

"Makes a scene and then expects-" Aohdan mutters under his breath, but stops, his eyes flashing to the back door of the estate. We all turn our attention, Dante walking along the patio area with a girl about my age with long red hair and clear blue eyes. I almost have to do a double take, because I swear she could be related to Rochelle.