Telltale Signs He Likes You

He initiates

If you're at a party, he comes up to you and strikes up a conversation. If you're not in the same immediate vicinity, he reaches out to you. Finding an excuse to talk to you doesn't require much creativity. If he wants to get your attention, he'll think of something.
If a guy likes you, he might ask you for things he didn't necessarily need to ask you, or start a conversation he didn't need to have with you. Maybe his company is hiring and he asks if you know anyone looking for a job, or he knows someone looking for a roommate and he asks if you know anyone, or he asks if you have any recommendations for a place to take his parents for dinner. When he wants to get your attention, he'll think of something, even if he just makes it up.

If he doesn't demonstrate and interest in talking to you–he doesn't initiate or maybe he cuts the conversation short and makes an exit–then it's a clear sign he probably doesn't like you in that way.

He listens to what you say and remembers the details.

When we like someone, we can't get enough. We want to know every detail, every story, even the insignificant ones. If a guy asks you a lot of questions about yourself and your life and shows a genuine interest in who you are and what you like, he is investing in you.

You'll get further confirmation of this if he remembers the things you told him: where you went to high-school, your major in college, the name of your first pet. He will also want to share himself with you. You may notice he talks about himself a lot (especially the good parts, like areas where he is succeeding). This is because when a guy likes you he wants to impress you, he wants you to think highly of him.

Now some guys might just do this because they have fragile egos and something to prove. So watch out for guys who only talk themselves up. But if a guy shows a serious and genuine interest in learning all about you, then that is a big sign he likes you.

Body language cues

A guy might come across all slick, but his body language can tell you a lot about how he really feels. Mirroring is one way to assess if he's into you. If you notice that he mimics your body language, it means he's trying to connect to you and is completely focused on you. Other body language cues to look out for is if he leans in when talking to you, points his feet towards you, and maintains eye contact. Usually when guy likes you he'll give you that deep penetrating stare, it's the kind of thing that you just know when you see it.

Also, notice if he looks at you after he makes a joke or does something funny. If he likes you, he'll look to see your reaction right away. Many experts claim that a guy's pupils will dilate if he's interested but this can be kind of tricky to assess. Another strong tell is if he finds ways to touch you. It could be "accidental" like brushing against your arm, seemingly innocent like a high-five that lingers a little longer that it usually would, or intentional like putting his hand on your when you're telling a story.

If he avoids eye contact, positions his body away from you, doesn't encourage conversation or volunteer anything about himself, or maintains distance from you, he's not feeling it.

Acts different around you

If a guy likes you, he'll act a little different when he's around you. He might seem a bit nervous and fidgety, or maybe he tones down his usual "macho" attitude. You may notice he seems a little flustered or maybe even blushes a bit when you talk to him. If he behaves differently with you than other people in his life it's a sign that he holds you in a different regard. Pay attention to the way he is with his friends and other people to get a baseline for how he usually acts.

For example, if he flirts with everyone or is super friendly and attentive when he talks to anyone then it won't necessarily mean as much if he acts that way with you.

Some guys just have flirty personalities, it's who they are. This is where a lot of girls get confused. They get all wound up because some guy totally swept them off their feet. He got their number, they had a flirty conversation, she texts him and...Nothing! Where did he go?

The problem is, that particular guy flirts with every girl. That's just his way of being.

Flirting doesn't always mean anything; he might just be working on his flirting skills. Also, flirting can be exciting and fun.

If he likes you, then the way he is with you will be different than his normal state. A guy who is usually pretty flirty may become shy and reserved in your presence. Or maybe he'll be even more flirty than his baseline level of flirtiness.