01

Noémie was currently getting off her flight from Lyon, France where she was born and raise her whole life. She was currently moving across the world to live in some small town that nobody back home and herself ever heard of.

Noémie was hoping to move to San Fransico, California where the temperatures were warm and the sun shines brightly. Letting her lay on the beach and soak in the sun. Except she was now in a small town where she believes no young kids live only old.

"Noémie lighten up. You always said you wanted to come to the U.S. and now here we are." Elodie, Noémie's mother, spoke as she pinched her eldest daughter's cheek.

Noémie let a groan slip out, "Arrêt de maman."  Noémie swat her mother's hand away from her face as she made her way towards her father and her younger sister who were waiting at the baggage claim.

"Noémie hurry up! I want to see the house." Chloé shouted as she was bouncing up and down from her own excitement. Demonte, Noémie's father, chuckled at Chloé as he wheeled the bags over to his eldest daughter and beloved wife.

Demonte gave Elodie a kiss on her cheek as he handed Noémie her purple suitcase. Smiling at her father Noémie thanked him as they now made their way towards the rental station. Where they can rent a car for a couple of months until they find one soon.

Noémie would be texting her friends right now but it was currently 4:45 pm in Washington and 11:45 pm in Lyon. Noémie is going to have to get use to the time zone difference since she would be currently sleeping right now.

"Allons-y!" Demonte shouted at his family as he drove a black tahoe up. Elodie rolled her eyes at her husband and quickly started to put the suitcases in the trunk as her daughters climbed into the car.

Noémie fell asleep during her three hour car ride towards the little town of Forks. Noémie's eyes demanded to be shut as her brain screamed for sleep so giving into the commands she rested her head.

"Réveiller ma chérie," Noémie could hear the voice of her mother as she was getting shaken awake. Squinting her eyes open a little Noémie was met face to face with her mother as her mom wiggled her eyebrows.

Letting a small smile escape her face Noémie pushed her mother's face away from her owns as she unbuckled her seat belt. Noémie stepped down from the tahoe as she stretched her arms above her head.

A small gasp left Noémie's lips as she was taken away by the beauty of her new home. It looked to be a medium size home surrounded by the forest.

"Beautiful is she not?" Demonte nudged Noémie as she rolled her suitcase up the steps

"Beautiful is she not?" Demonte nudged Noémie as she rolled her suitcase up the steps. Chloé giggles were heard as she dashed towards her sister and making her way in front so she could be first inside.

Elodie's and Demonte's chuckles were heard as they wheeled their suitcases towards the two and taking out a set of keys that went to the beautiful house.

"Je veux le faire papa," Chloé begged her father until he handed her the set of keys. Chloé slowly put the key into the key hole turned it until it was unlocked letting her turn the knob and push the door open. The inside was just as beautiful as the outside.

As the family of four walked in they were able to see that their furnitures had arrived and were neatly placed where Elodie had ask them to put. Noémie smiled as she dashed up the steps suitcase in hand running towards her room. When Noémie opened up the door she threw her suitcase down and flung herself towards her bed where she laid with a smile on her face.

Even though moving across the country meant leaving her friends and relatives behind it also meant new beginnings. A fresh new start to try all over again. No one will know who she even was for her people were in a different country and spoke mostly French not English.

»»»
French Words and Meanings

Arrêt de maman = Stop mom
Allons-y = Let's go
Réveiller ma chérie = Wake up darling
Je veux le faire papa = I want to do it, dad