chapter one | existence

legend

ˈlɛdʒ(ə)nd

noun

       1. a traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but not authenticated.

                                 ~

Is humanity forgiving, or is it not?

Once upon a time, there was a village. And in that village, was a scientist. He obsessed over studying the souls of magic users. He didn't care what the consequences were. His thirst for knowledge overpowered his conscience and his sense of guilt.

He longed for knowledge so much that he used his own daughter for one of his experiments, his wife oblivious about this, even though she herself used magic.

The experiment failed. His daughter's magic faded away along with her soul. She was wiped away from existence, only her consciousness shattered in time and space. No one remembered her, including her mother, her sister, and her father himself.

She could see everything. Hear everything. Sense everything. It was too much for one poor mind to handle.

Until her consciousness was brought back by something called hatred.

Her hatred collected parts of her mind; She became what was known as a fallen angel. Hence, to answer the previous question: Mankind is not as forgiving or merciful as you think it is. 

When you think that the world might not be as bad as it seems, your life might seem a bit brighter. But even when it seems that everything will be perfect, nothing is. The void will return, and so will that unknowing dread in the back of your mind and deep inside your heart.

The people may train for defense, the world may evolve... 

But remember this.

I will return.