Chapter 14

^^^GREGORY (PLAYER BY SKYLER MAXON) 😍

"Are my eyes deceiving me? Are you really cooking?" I asked my fiancé.

I'd spent all afternoon with the girls, talking about each other's lives and giving each other advice, until Artemis returned from his meeting. Gigi dropped me off back at my apartment, and I arrived to find Cain stirring a pot while reading something from his tablet. He had an apron on, and he looked really focused.

"Don't break my concentration woman. I need to get this right," he commented.

I laughed. "Well alright then. Let me go and take a shower while you cook so that I'm out of your way."

"Wait! Are you ok?" he asked, looking up from his tablet.

"I'll be fine baby," I lied with a small smile.

"I don't believe you for a second, but I love you my beautiful Caramel Queen," he said with that adorable smile.

I laughed and walked up to kiss him. "I love you Your Hotness."

"Of course you love me. I mean, have you met me? Now get out of my kitchen before I burn the food," he said cheekily.

"Even if you were alone, you'd still burn the food," I teased.

"I resent that," he said, throwing an olive at me.

I laughed all the way to the bedroom before stripping off my clothes. I had a relatively long and relaxing shower, and I even got around to doing my hair. I'd changed into my nightwear, and had just finished drying my hair, when my phone went off.

"You're engaged to him?" was the question I was met with.

"Who told you?" I asked him since I wasn't wearing my engagement ring the whole day.

"That's irrelevant. Are you going to marry him?" he asked.

"That's the plan since I said yes to his proposal," I pointed out.

"Evie, you can't marry him," he said.

"I can, and I will," I replied before hanging up the phone.

I really didn't want to entertain Aramis, despite the confusion I was experiencing from his confession. Even if there's truth to his words, why would he choose to tell me now. He had all those months to tell me, and instead he's kept up with a relationship that he had told me he would be ending.

The whole thing was just drama that I honestly didn't need in my life.

My phone started ringing again. "What?"

"Are you coming to see Trent?" he asked.

"Are you there?" I asked.

"Yes," he replied.

"Then no," I responded.

There was a pause before he sighed. "I'll leave."

"I'll think about it Aramis. The two of you aren't exactly my favourite people right now," I pointed out.

"Don't punish him because you're mad at me," he argued.

"I'm not mad at you," I snapped.

"Not that snapping at me is helping to prove your case or anything," he replied.

I took a deep breath in, willing the universe to grant me patience. "Look, Trent has lied to me for the past twelve years. I don't want to see him because of what he's done. This has nothing to do with you."

"Then why does it matter if I'm here or not?" he challenged.

Because I can't stand to be even more confused right now.