Mate

" I'm sorry Cassie, But there is several fractures in your ankle and foot. Your not going to be able to skate or walk for a while. But we can put you in a boot so you can still walk around, just not for a couple days. Ok, how does that sound?" Carlisle asked me slowly.

"My life was all ready screwed up so why not this?" I said staring intently at the ground.

"I'm very sorry, I couldn't saw them. I regret it everyday. If I could go back and save them I would. A thousand times over." He spoke sadly at me. I couldn't help it. I embraced his cold stiff body. It took him a couple of seconds to figure out what was happening.

"It's not your fault, I was the driver. You shouldn't have any guilt." I spoke softly before I let him go. He looked down sadly at me.

"That's not really what you think right?"

"That's the thing. Every day I hope to wake up and have everything be easier. But, that's not the case. I killed them. An I do things they can't anymore. And that's how it will always be." I said before grabbing to crutches and leaving the tight doctors room. When I entered the hallway I didn't expect to see everyone looking at me. Even Edward was there. Esme, Rose and Alice strode quickly over to me. They embraced me tightly. I smiled at them.

"I'm done." I said shrugging my shoulders. Before turning to be enveloped by Emmet.

"You remind me of a little sister. And no one hurts my little sister." He spoke lowly. I just hugged him back. I felt a war of calm wash over me and when I looked up I saw Jasper concentrating hard. I knew the power was from him. I could feel it radiate off him.

"How are you doing that?" I whispered. Jasper flinched. Then grinned madly.

"Doing what?" An then he left the room. I frowned. When Emmet finally let me go Rose came over and laced her fingers through mine. She smiled softly at me. When I looked back I was shocked to see Edward standing in front of me. I flinched and tried to step back. I almost fell. Rose caught me and once I was stable enough to stand on my own. She let go. I looked at Emmet who was immediately in front of me and Rose. He stood possessively information of me as Edward. Shielding me from him. Then I heard one thing I never expected Edward to say.

"Stop protecting my mate!"

Sorry it's short but I have to go for tryouts now! Also please vote and comment what you think should happen next. I would live to hear your ideas!