Chapter 8

Ruby's POV
"We need to find a way to get some food into her system." Esme explained talking about bella.

"If I could only see the fetus..." Alice commented before getting cut off by me and Rosalie

"The baby." We spoke in unison. I glared at Alice a little.

"Maybe I could figure out what it wants." Alice finished her sentence.

"I think you might be right. Jacob just had an idea." Edward commented

"It wasn't an idea. It was a snide comment." Jacob snarked.

"What were you thinking?" Bella asked.

"That it's probably just looking for someone to sink its teeth into."

"He's thirsty." Bella realised.

"She" I corrected. I want bella to have a girl.

"I know the feeling. If it's craving, it's not gonna want animal blood." Edward spoke.

"I have some O negative laid aside for Bella." Carlisle explained going to pour blood into a cup for Bella to drink.

"Wait, wait, wait. You're gonna make her drink that?" Jacob asked with a digusted face.

"It's the fastest way to test the theory." Carlise assured.

"Don't worry bells its not that bad" I assured.

"You've drunk blood before?" Carlisle asked.

"Story for another time" I brushed off.

"Only if you're comfortable with it." Edward said to Bella.

"I'll try anything."

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Jacob said
As we all watch Bella drink the blood. Apart from jasper and alice who left.

"Tastes... good." Bella says. Edward smiles at her and Bella drinks more of the blood.

"I wouldnt go that far" I commented. Carlisle takes her pulse.

"Your pulse is already getting stronger." He encouraged.

"It's working." Esme grinned.

*timeskip*

"So, that's the last of it?"Jacob asked Referring to the bags of blood for Bella.

"Bella could deliver as early as tomorrow. If she's going to have any chance at all, she'll need more blood." Charlisle said.

"And you need to feed. You have to be at your strongest for her. We need to go tonight." Esme concluded.

"Carlisle, you're the enemy now. Sam won't hesitate. You will be slaughtered." Jacob said.

"Emmett will come with us." Esme announced.

"That won't be enough." Jacob worried.

"We have no choice, Jacob. If there's anything we can do to save her, we have to try." Carlisle said

"You'd risk your lives for her?" Jacob asked.

"Of course we would. Bella's a part of our family now." Esme said.

"Yeah. I can see that. This really is a family. As strong as the one I was born into." jacob said

*Timeskip*
"Jake! They're coming." Seth spoke walking in the woods with me, leah and jacob

"I know." Jake assured.

"We should phase, Jacob. We can't protect ourselves like this." Leah said.